[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Machine Shop in The Denver Area
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Machine Shop in The Denver Area 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Machine Shop in The Denver Area
Anyone have a favorite Machine Shop to drill out my rear axles and press in some new wheel studs? I would rather support someone here in the club before using the dreaded phone book.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Machine Shop in The Denver Area
Call Bill at Front Range drive line. He made my Driveshafts for my Bronco, did my 9" axle bearings for my Mustang, and long studs, they specialize in this type of work.
303-783-9954
They are on S Federal, just south of 285
check out their racecars when your there. they have some pretty sweet rides. And do good quality work. Top notch

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

...2nd. motion to vote...

We have used them for years when we were building 427 cobras... and with all of our 4x4 projects too!

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

SWEET! I will get these axles in there tomorrow! Thanks a ton for the advise.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've also used Front Range and they do quality work. Maybe we can get some sort of discount from them because they are $$$$$$$$$$$ compared to others.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You may want top talk to them. I told Bill I would send others his way. I think maybe he gave me a good price because im in the Drag racing circle www.ColoradoDragRacing.com as well. I know he sold me new rear shaft with yoke for what it would cost me to buy one off of one of the Bronco vendors websites. I cant remember which one now but it was only the shaft for same price.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

He charged me $500 for a new rear shaft. I knew at the time I was f'ed...but the Bronco was up there getting other work done so I just did it. My fault....but that $ was rediculous.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dang thats a lot. I wonder why it was so much. Even if he cut me a discount It wouldnt have been that much. I remembered I compared the cost of one on JBG Catalog was about the same (280 bucks) for just the shaft.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good question...I don't know. No doubt it's a heavy duty new shaft with all spicer joints....but dang. No excuse though...I did say yes.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Brian quoted me $600 for new custom rear 31 Spline Axles. Not sure if that is excessive but good to know we have a local source.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I dont know what new Axles would cost for just a replacement set. http://www.markwilliams.com/axles.aspx check these out.
I know if your going with something really strong it will cost. I talked to him just a little bit ago about my Front shaft and mentioned sending members from here there, he said he tries to give everyone a good deal. Please remember to mention you were sent there and how. As it goes in the industry everyone is in it to make money and they are a specialty shop. They will stand behind their work and are top notch.

My quote ended up at 425 bucks with a new front shaft, yoke for T case and a new rear lower shaft yoke which was my own fault for busting the last one with new universals. I cant complain about that.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i'd talk to dr. phil before taking anywhere , i not sure what you want drilled out , chad could you explain more

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:35 pm

If you need machine work let me know. Most of the shops I know are North of I-70 but I know a few down South. The best guy for axles is Tom Staub. He is at Zuni and Dartmouth. Last I heard he was out for medical leave. I can hook you up for what ever you need but most shop rates are $60 to $80 an hour and it takes time to set a machine up for a project. I have done some crazy adaptors and custom stuff. Let me know.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I researched the cost of new axles at around $250 from Wild Horses for 31 Spline. I would need to add bearings, studs, etc.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:56 pm

WH uses Yukon

Tue May 03, 2011 10:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I forgot to mention besides Front Range driveline, I would also suggest Western Driveline on colfax. We had the Cuda's rear diff built there with a new powertrax system and it blew up. Took it back and he got everything covered by powertraxx under a warranty. thumbs up Def. recommend that shop to anyone. that was several years ago and I completely forgot about it until about 2 minutes ago.

Mon May 23, 2011 7:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]