[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Fate or CL messing with me?
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Fate or CL messing with me? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Fate or CL messing with me?
Yesterday, while sitting in Denny's having breakfast with Zilla and Vragor, I related an old desire to build a 70's crew cab Cummins 4x4. Last night I go home, sit down in front of the computer, and open craigslist. And low and behold what pops up?

If only I had three more garages and 12 more hours in the day.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Fate or CL messing with me?
What is the demand and pricing for the older Ford Trucks? I know Classic Broncos have kept their value - what about the same era trucks? That Truck seems like an amazing deal. I would guess you can get replacement parts for that truck just like our Broncos, but hey sold 10x as many trucks as EB's so the parts may even be easier tofind than for our Broncos. Nice truck and a great find.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am very impressed with all all of those trucks - the original Ford from Craigslist and all of Zilla's custom builds. The Grabber Blue Dodge with the Monster Engine is beautiful! Nice Work Zilla! The Truck in the CL ad may be an extremely good buy.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That it may, but I've just signed on for a new Bronco. House rules are one project at a time.

And as it turns out, my recent purchase might have turned out to be a MUCH more extremely good buy.

I'm still waiting on confirmation.

The Terrible One

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

And the experts say...

I've just secured a Stroppe modified Bronco. Not a Baja edition, but the truck has been through the shop.

The Terrible One

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Zilla, you need to stop trying to distract me from the '72 with these VERY tempting offers on CL!

1979 Ford Crew Cab 4x4 Cummins

The Terrible One

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:06 pm

I want that 79 crew with the cummins. I woulda loved to put a cummins in my 79 bronco but instead I went with the warmed over big block.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I KNEW I remembered you mentioning something about a Power Wagon Dan.

The Terrible One

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had a 65 C10 back in high school. Was a fun truck.

This one is calling my name though.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Terrible One

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just saw an old suburban lifted with a 12v in it during one of my visits to whistler. Not real fixed up, but still looked sharp!

J.D.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Whistler BC? Were you skiing or biking?

The Terrible One

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Don't I wish!

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:37 pm

My buddy just called me. They have a 2002 F250 XLT shortbox, 4x4, crewcab 7.3L with 55k on it. $20k If this was in a couple months I would have jumped on it.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]