[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - retro steel or new aluminum wheels?
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 retro steel or new aluminum wheels? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post retro steel or new aluminum wheels?
A bronco neighbor asked if I wanted some older white wheels. After I cleaned them up a little I started thinking if it would give my rig a cool look. They need a little more TLC. Take a look at the pics and feel free to post up which you think looks better. BFD305 might recognize these.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: retro steel or new aluminum wheels?
Took me a second to put 2 and 2 together. You must be the one that was talking to Haas about his rig. Is Dave offering up some rims? Tough call, they both loog good. Would you leave the steel spokes white or paint them?

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just looked at some better pictures of your aluminum wheels. I like those wheels, I would stick with them.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think the white looks great with the white top it seems to fit. The newer mags look great also but the white spoked steel wheels just seem to appeal better to me.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like the white ones better, but I've always liked that look.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would ask your wife - she may like getting involved.

My vote is the Chrome Aluminum wheels fo sho.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Keep whatcha got. The steel ones are probably the most common aftermaket wheel out there. Can't say as I have seen anyone else with the ones you have on there already. You a "go with the flow" type of guy or "against the grain"?

J.D.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fine....(i liked the white top white wheel combo :(
But since the census here and around my hood is "keep the aluminums" I'll just paint the aluminums white!

For sale : 4 Awesome steel white wheels. Great shape "new out of the box" condition (just don't look at the above pictures). BFD305--You have first dibs....going once...going twice....

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It does kinda look like someone welded a jack stand to the wheel...

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Now that I think of it, that could throw off the balance a bit.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The white ones look like there for an old farm truck

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok - Just because I am feeling a bit "contrary" this morning. I am taking the opposite side. the aluminum directional wheels look like they came out of the late 80's and should have a body color center section.

Paint the white ones black and slap them on.

What can I say - it is what I would do.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]