[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Family Cage Suggestions?
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Family Cage Suggestions? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Family Cage Suggestions?
Many of you know the troubles I've had with 2 seperate ProtoFab family cages that I've ordered. Long story short, both have been returned and I am currently cageless. I've researched most all of the pre-fabbed cages for the Bronco and have decided to get the Extreme Custom Parts SmittyBilt-style family cage with a few options.

http://extremecustomparts.com/i-6131092 ... style.html

This was a good plan until the fab shop that was going to fit and weld it in (Nemisis Industries) got busy and my job fell to the bottom of the list.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a good fabber in the Denver area that could either bend, fit, and install a good cage, or fit and install the kit from Extreme? (I want DOM tube and TIG welds.) While I've welded floor pans etc. in the past, I do not feel comfortable welding a family cage together for obvious reasons. Thanks.

Mon May 02, 2011 6:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Family Cage Suggestions?
Cage building to me is as much safety and functionality as it is artwork. I don't know if this guy TIG's, but he's done some nice stuff:
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=182221
http://www.addictedoffroad.com/

Just realized he was in greeley.

I'll do some more thinking.

J.D.

Mon May 02, 2011 7:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice....I had just sent him an email before I read this. Thanks for the suggestion! If he does good work and can do it in short order, I don't mind getting the Bronco up there to him.

Mon May 02, 2011 7:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not all the way to Greeley....................Come on guys Greeley is only an hour away! I am in Greeley and have heard good things about their work.
If you head up this way holler and I may run by there with you.

I would find a custom builder for sure before I would have one shipped. There are several stock car chassis builders down in Denver, but probably a bad time to squeeke in a non race car right now.

Mon May 02, 2011 8:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've talked to the half-owner of Rokmen before. Nice guy and his work is good!

J.D.

Mon May 02, 2011 9:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I talked with Scotty at Addicted. They can do it next week for around $1200....DOM tubing and MIG welds. I'd like to talk to Rokmen also but can't get to their site right now.

Mon May 02, 2011 9:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Call Jeff at 303-907-6303 (Rokmen)

Last edited by Jesus_man on Mon May 02, 2011 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 02, 2011 9:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wait -

You had another roll cage come in wrong?

Are they both sitting at the hut now? What was wrong with the 2nd one?

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon May 02, 2011 9:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 02, 2011 9:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Time for a call to the hut I suppose....

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon May 02, 2011 9:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Zilla, saw your post on CO4x4 after a quick search.

J.D.

Mon May 02, 2011 9:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like the idea of starting with a clean sheet of paper and building it 100% custom. I had mine done completely custom with my wish list of adds. I wish I had done rear seat mounts but I didn't know what I was doing back there at the time. spank

What does the $1,200 bid include i.e. Front Seat Mounts, Rear Seat Mounts, Dash Bar, Overhead Bars F/R, handles, etc.?

Mon May 02, 2011 10:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Seat mounts are cool but the ones I've seen put the seats up too high for my liking. The price includes custom fab of the 6 point cage, dash bar, dual bent overhead bars front and rear, and rear kicker bars.

Last edited by airbur on Mon May 02, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 02, 2011 10:11 am

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon May 02, 2011 4:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would suggest taking it here for an estimate atleast.
http://www.hanksvillehotrods.com/

Mon May 02, 2011 7:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for all the good suggestions. I talked with Scott from Addicted and I'm comfortable with him doing the cage.

Mon May 02, 2011 7:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

When is it coming up?

Mon May 02, 2011 7:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not sure....was going to try for Monday or so next week but I need to gut the interior. Not sure if I can get that done this weekend.

Mon May 02, 2011 7:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You'll be happy with Scotty....Great gu and builds an awesome product.............Mine will be built by him here in a monh or so, new EFI Mustang motor is next week!

2006 4Runner V8 Sport Edition
1998 4Runner...DD with 333k and counting

Mon May 02, 2011 8:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Go see Joe in New Mexico!

Mon May 02, 2011 10:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 03, 2011 5:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i have a guy off hampden and santa fe that does nothing but nhra car , i'll get his no# later this morning . he has car from all the country in there , and i beats driving up to greely .

Contact Information

Kennedy Race Cars, Inc.
1950 West Union Avenue
Unit A-10
Englewood, CO 80110

Phone: 303-781-7278

Email: KennedyRaceCars@cs.com

Tue May 03, 2011 7:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 03, 2011 8:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

he's done tons just go there and look at his cars and that will answer all questions

Tue May 03, 2011 8:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 03, 2011 8:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Shawn does some nice work alright. I just read about a project on a Mercury he was working on this last winter.
Starts at post 92 in Winter Projects. We joke about who is everyone talking to over there because were both Shawn.
laughing2
http://www.coloradodragracing.com/showt ... 758&page=5

Tue May 03, 2011 12:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 09, 2011 8:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My tow in Denver metro was almost $200 each way to the painter - I cannot image your bill from south of Denver to Greeley. You are not messing around with this cage issue. Good luck with the custom builder - excited to see the results.

Mon May 09, 2011 8:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 09, 2011 1:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yup. AAA was the first "mod" I bought for my truck.

Mon May 09, 2011 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next