[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Who insures your Bronco? Hagerty turned me down :(
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 2:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Who insures your Bronco? Hagerty turned me down :( 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Who insures your Bronco? Hagerty turned me down :(
Hi all...just bought my second EB...a 1970 Rocky Mountain Sportsman Special. I bought it Saturday and am looking to insure it as I want to drive it while I restore it. I sent an app. to Hagerty Monday who just got back today turning me down due to it having rust. No kidding...it's an unrestored EB...You'd think they'd know that. I have my regular insurance through State Farm but they want twice as much to insure as Hagerty. SO>>>>?????

Who do you all have your Broncos insured with and who is reasonbly priced for liability or full coverage? Thanks!

Also...Looking for a rear seat, windshield frame, and possibly tailgate and front fenders if the price isnt too crazy. I could probably get by just buying rockers and patching the rest, but it would be easier just to replace with better parts.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.

Thu May 12, 2011 6:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Who insures your Bronco? Hagerty turned me down :(
I have Allstate and pay $363.84 annually for full coverage driving less than 7K per year. Talk to Zillacon for a rear seat, he's converting to a half cab and may have one for sale.

Thu May 12, 2011 6:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

x2 on Allstate

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu May 12, 2011 7:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i use progressive i pay 108 dollars for full coverage on bronco and 2001 impala and my 2001 chevy truck has limited coverage but 108 for all 3 i think is good, but to get full coverage i paid 200 for a guy to come n inspect my bronco to update for (right price) if something happened

Thu May 12, 2011 7:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A friend of mine suggested JC Taylor to me. He has his lil red expre4ss (survivor truck) and their beautifull 69 Charger insured under them.
I havent had a chance to get a quote yet but it is worth a try.

Thu May 12, 2011 7:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow...you all are on top of things. I wasn't expecting so many responses so soon. Thanks. I was planning to check with Progressive next. I had my motorcycle with them and was impressed. Sounds reasonable too! Thanks for the lead on the seat...I'll check with him. Thanks for all the responses.

Thu May 12, 2011 7:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I will be going thru the same process in the next few weeks so thank for posting this thread.

Thu May 12, 2011 9:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Allstate. I think I pay like $32 per month for full coverage??? IIFC. Liability only was in the low 20s.

Thu May 12, 2011 9:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm using American Family, they are insuring my 74 Bronco & 83 Porsche 911 at stated value, just showed them an appraisal. No questions asked. Bronco value @ 15,600 for $110.60/yr if I'm reading right, Porsche value @ 25,000 for 240.90/yr. Also have 1 other car & home with them, only one driver w/3 cars helps.

Chad

Thu May 12, 2011 10:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks everyone...I actually just went on my first ride since bringing the Bronco home on Saturday. I had just remembered this evening that Progressive is open 24/7 which is very helpful. Maybe a 10 minute phone call and then 5 minutes online and had temporary proof of insurance card. I just put liability on the Bronco at $17.50 a month which is a smoking deal. On a sadder note I went to the gas station and it cost $118 to fill up both tanks..WOW!!! I hope that lasts a long time...any idea on what a 302 with 3 speed will get for MPG? Although I didnt buy my Bronco to save money on gas :) And to kick me while I was down, the battery was dead when I went to come home...had to call and wake up my wife to come give me a jump :) Apparently I owe her big time now :)

I am excited to go to the Bronco Hut tomorrow...Im taking my 4 year old and was excited about helping put new parts on our Bronco.

Attached is a picture of my first EB...a 1966 with inline 6 that I paid $1050 for in Virginia where Im originally from.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 13, 2011 12:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

sounds like a great day............you got to drive your new bronco and your ol lady jumped you

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri May 13, 2011 6:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1502

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... p?t=185112

Fri May 13, 2011 6:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great link about the stated value. I drove around w/liability only for 13 years. I figured that I'd just keep/strip the truck and use the good parts over. It dawned on me how much I really had invested, and went to stated value. My Porsche is another example. If I kept it with normal insurance, it would only cover about 1/2 the value it would take to replace it with a similar car. Its good to know the appraiser, as well, mine builds rock crawlers, so I was able to explain the upgrades I'd made, and the money I'd invested, although she is rough looking.

I know my rates look super cheap above, and I looked things over because I couldn't believe the price, but I'm right. But I'm paying almost $1000.00/yr to insure my 06 Chrysler 300C AWD as my "primary vehicle". I actually drive my Bronco more often, but less miles, if that makes sense. So for my 3 cars, 2 at stated value, I'm paying around $1300.00/yr.

Am Fam also lists the "City of Gunnison" as an additional insured on my home, since my garage was built 5' into the city's property, the alley behind my house. No one was paying attention in 1954 here, many other garages are in the alley too. So since Am Fam would do stated value on my cars & list the city as additional insured, something Colorado Farm Bureau wouldn't do, I switched.

Chad

Fri May 13, 2011 7:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Gunni, just watch yourself if you ever have a claim with AmFam. They will screw you to death on any kind of loss you have. I have several stories about their claims department, adjusters and so forth that would make you think twice about using them. All I am saying is to make sure you know your policy inside and out before something happens.

Fri May 13, 2011 9:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

All the companies are crooked. I do body work here in Gunnison, and they all are looking to get away without paying. You wouldn't believe the newish cars we have to put aftermarket parts, or even used parts on. Travelers seems to do the worst, by what I've seen. I've put used parts on cars with under 30,000 miles.

A good thing about living in a small town is that I personally know my agent, and most insurance companies don't have adjusters for this area (State Farm, Progressive do). I'm sure for a large home claim, they wouldn't be as easy. I had 2 accidents within 5 days last winter. On my way to Denver, to fly to BC for a ski trip, I slid through an icy intersection in town and T-boned a minivan (totally my fault). Then, after the trip, on the drive home, I hit a deer near Buena Vista (totally the deer's fault). They handled it fine, raised my rates a bit, they've come back down now. So, so far, so good.

I think if you are around enough, you'll hear nightmares about any company.

I did get flames for my troubles:

Fri May 13, 2011 12:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, all of them are pretty crooked. I just happened to catch AmFam doing a little price fixing on a homeowner earlier this year and then had said homeowner screw me on the job.

I like your flames and I really like the skull & bones, that's awesome fire fire

Fri May 13, 2011 3:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I use Encompass for all of my family's insurance (3 cars, homeowners). We had a leak in our roof with significant damage and they took really good care of us, like offering to put us up in a hotel without my having to ask and covering some minor water damage to my furniture at a really high level. They can apparently do stated value insurance, which I'm working on at the moment.

Fri May 13, 2011 3:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri May 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

@ Gunnibronco...check out www.pikespeakmotors.com

I work there and we have 2 2door Mercs and about 4 or 5 shoeboxes...cant remember if there are any 2 door shoeboxes, but we get new cars almost daily. All 30s-70s and anything from parts cars to $100,000 + show cars. It's located in the Springs. I bought my latest EB from them...

Fri May 13, 2011 10:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]