[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - I need a recommendation.....drywall repair
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 4:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 I need a recommendation.....drywall repair 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post I need a recommendation.....drywall repair
I am looking for drywall person to do some repairs to my ceiling and wall. I had a new roof installed a while ago and it leaked. Multiple times. I think it is finally fixed so I need my ceiling retextured and painted as well as some pulled tape lines and retexturing done on my wall. I have been trying to get my roofing company to fix it but they always have an excuse. I will be charging my roofing company so I will need a receipt to prove the work done. If anyone here does it or knows someone that does that stuff let me know please!

Fri May 13, 2011 9:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: I need a recommendation.....drywall repair
That sucks! When you said a leak yesterday, I assumed it was at work - sorry it was at your house :(

Fri May 13, 2011 9:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Was the new roof an insurance claim? If it was, call your insurance carrier. Otherwise, if you just had the roof installed, I would call the roofing company and get a copy of the General Liability and Worker's Comp insurance. Then call their carrier and tell their agent about it. If they caused the leak, then they are responsible for it. It's why they carry GL & WC. You are, by law, allowed to see and have copies of their insurance certificates, so I would ask for one. Have you paid them in full for the work they did? If you haven't, I would withhold payment until they fix the problem. I can walk you through it if you want, I work for a general contractor and we do insurance work from time to time, so I know more than the average joe does on the insurance side. As for a drywaller, I don't know any in the Denver area, but we use Elite Drywall here in Colo. Springs. They are good, reasonable & quick, I just don't know if they go to Denver or not.

Fri May 13, 2011 10:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri May 13, 2011 11:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The first thing you can do is put in a complaint with the BBB. I know it doesn't seem like much, but it will get their attention. Especially if they are an accredited BBB business. They will have the option of resolution through the BBB and if they don't take any action, then they get a tick mark by their name and they lose credibility. The second thing to do is call your insurance carrier back, talk to your agent, not the adjuster, and let him know that what is going on is part of the claim, through the roofing company. Your insurance company can go after the roofer for the cost of the roof it comes down to it. Especially if there is residual damage from their workmanship. #3 make sure you have everything documented, times you have called, what they have said, etc. The reason I say this is that if they don't get paid for the work, they might have filed a lien on your property. State of Colorado allows liens to be levied against property owners if payment is not completed within the agreed amount of time. Typically the time that they have to file a lien is within 90 days of completion of the work done. If they haven't filed one on you by then, then they won't be able to get one put on you unless you signed a contract that gives them extended time to do so. But, you are thinking right. Hold any and all funds and when you get the drywall, texture & painting completed, pay the drywall company & hold on to that bill. If the roofer doesn't come looking for their money anytime soon, then screw them. But make sure you don't use that money on anything else. Put it away and leave it there for the time being because your insurance carrier may want it back if they find out you haven't paid the roofing company.

Essentially, this is an insurance claim resulting from damage caused by the roofer & their insurance carrier should cover the work. The bad thing about what you are seeing is that roofers (in general, and sorry if anyone is a roofer) are unreliable and are mostly a here today, gone tomorrow breed.

Fri May 13, 2011 12:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You sound just like my father in law about this! He is a lawyer so we have been doing everything he says. We have filed numerous complaints with the BBB and tom martino, kept track of every single phone call, who we spoke to, how long the conversation lasted, what was said, and so forth. Also kept track of attempted phone calls to them. We have the remaining money in a completely separate account from all of our other accounts and it will stay there until it is needed for further repairs or settlement of the situation. My father in law is talking about a law suit at this time. They screwed up a vent cap when they replaced his roof so it caused his furnace to die prematurely. They also had a severe leak above my mother in laws patio that it took 5 visits to fix properly. Very terrible company. They are BBB accredited and tom martino approved sadly enough. We have been monitoring public records for any signs of a lien and haven't seen anything. If it is truly only 90 days after completion we are well outside of that! We did not sign anything giving that an extended period of time.

Fri May 13, 2011 12:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd come help you out but I burned all my dry walling tools after I did my house and garage.I do have a good friend who can do this for you depending how busy he is.His name is todd at TJ's custom painting, does killer work and speaks english.Give him a call and see what he can do.303-944-4654 Jay

Fri May 13, 2011 1:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri May 13, 2011 1:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you have their insurance information, call their carrier and tell them that you want to file a claim against them. Also give your ins. agent all the information regarding the roofer's insurance and tell him that you want a claim filed against them. A lot of times, once you get your carrier involved you can get stuff done. If all that fails, call your mortgage company. You want to see someone get bent over and taken advantage of, your mortgage company won't even kiss your roofer on the ear when they are done. Mortgage companies, if you have one, do not like people screwing with their investments....insurance companies or piss ant roofers. Just tell them the story and let them know that this guy is planning on filing a lien on you....not that he is, but planting the seed of the idea, and they usually step up to bat for their homeowners.

Fri May 13, 2011 3:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]