[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Hardware
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Hardware 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Hardware
I need the following Hardware and wondering if you guys know what store carries theses couple of misc. items so I don't have to place another order from Wild Horses for a couple of small items.

- Hardware to hold the F-O-R-D Letters on my grill
- Hardware retainers clips to hold rear tail light assemblies
- Grade 8 Bolts for Bumpers and Roll Bar Install

Not sure if I need to goto parts store, dealership, etc. TIA

Tue May 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Post Re: Hardware
You can find all that at a good hardware store like Ace.

Tue May 17, 2011 7:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

- Hardware to hold the F-O-R-D Letters on my grill - I have a set of the original rubber backed acorn nuts that are used to hold the letters on, I will bring them to the breakfast for the same price as the dash bars.
- Hardware retainers clips to hold rear tail light assemblies - Uhh?
- Grade 8 Bolts for Bumpers and Roll Bar Install - Any auto parts house should carry a variety of Grade 8 hardware for you.

Not sure if I need to goto parts store, dealership, etc. TIA[/quote]

Tue May 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Rear taillight housings are held in place by the same screw that holds the lense and trim on.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue May 17, 2011 7:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the advice. I tried Home Depot and they had nothin' in Grade 8 - wasted trip and I am in BFE. I will check the Ace in Commerce City.

76 - You are way too nice to me. I have to buy ya breakfast.

ZOSO - There are 2 clips per tail light for a total 4 clips. I know I need clips because I have 1 of the 4 - one Little guy hung on through auto body and paint. Not sure where the heck the other 3 are lmao. I put everything in baggies with contents marked with a Sharpie.

Tue May 17, 2011 7:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

[quote="Entourage"]Thanks for the advice. I tried Home Depot and they had nothin' in Grade 8 - wasted trip and I am in BFE. I will check the Ace in Commerce City.

76 - You are way too nice to me. I have to buy ya breakfast. Chad, you can never be too nice!

ZOSO - There are 2 clips per tail light for a total 4 clips. I know I need clips because I have 1 of the 4 - one Little guy hung on through auto body and paint. Not sure where the heck the other 3 are lmao. I put everything in baggies with contents marked with a Sharpie. It sounds like you are talking about a "Tinnerman nut". It is basically a piece of spring steel bent in a 180 and goes over a hole in the body sheet metal. Again, these should be available at any auto part house.

Tue May 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Just what 76 said. I know the ace on 120th and colorado carries all this stuff.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Tue May 17, 2011 8:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't know why, but Ace has an exceptional hardware section. The only thing I can't get there are really tiny allen head screws for hobby applications.

Tue May 17, 2011 8:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

SWEET! I need to get these things to keep me busy for another long weekend. 120th and Colorado is closer than the Downtown Commerce City Ace. Thanks again guys.

Tue May 17, 2011 8:43 pm

Wed May 18, 2011 6:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have found that Home Depot is the worst for any kind of special hardware. THey have the basic deck screws a few bolts and nuts but that is about it. Lowes is better but still not great. Ace will vary by store. The Ace in Highlands Ranch - not so wonderful. The A&A trading post Ace on South Broadway has always had any fastner I needed. When I need to buy jsut a few - I always go there. When I need to by hundredes or thousands I go to a wholesaler

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed May 18, 2011 7:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

O'Reilly Auto Parts has had the best selection for this type of hardware I have seen.

Wed May 18, 2011 9:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I went to Ace on Kipling in Lakewood and got all the Grade 8 Hardware for Bumper and Roll Cage. Thanks guys!

76 - Which O'reilly's are you referring to?

Wed May 18, 2011 5:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed May 18, 2011 6:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Went to O'reilly's today and picked up a bunch of items that I assumed only WH would have but pleasantly surprised. They had Tinnerman nuts, grade 8 bolts, window cranks, headlight adjusters, etc. Going to be a fun weekend!

Fri May 20, 2011 1:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]