[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - I need another good frame shop...
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 I need another good frame shop... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post I need another good frame shop...
Bear Frame & Axle is no longer in business. Does anyone have a recommendation of a good frame shop in the south Denver area? Thanks.

Mon May 23, 2011 9:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: I need another good frame shop...
Bear Frame and Axel I thought moved two blocks north of Bellview on Broadway
Jerry's Standers auto body C-470 and Santa Fe

Mon May 23, 2011 10:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 23, 2011 11:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bear's "new building" is sitting there empty and for rent. I assume they are out of business.

Sorry I do not have another recomendation.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon May 23, 2011 2:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

While we're on the topic, anyone have a good frame shop up north? I'd like to improve the alignment of my body (was hit while PO owned it) and want to see how straight the foundation is before I put too much work into it.

Mon May 23, 2011 3:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow that place has been in business for ever. I did some work for them when I worked across the street last summer at Just Brakes. They seemed pretty busy then. I dont know of any other places to suggest. Maybe Shawn Kennedy (Kennedy Racecars) could look at it for you. I guess it depends on what needs looked at too.

Mon May 23, 2011 6:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks bit I already asked Shawn....no luck.

Mon May 23, 2011 7:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Many good body shops have a frame rack - we had Daniels mustang straightened at a local luxury car dealer. I know the body shop manager there and he had a tech put it on the rack and straighten it out for us. cost me $150 cash.

Call around and see what they can do, if that fails, let me know and I will call my guy - see if you can take it over there. It is in our part of town.

Tue May 24, 2011 6:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yea, I tried a body shop recommended by Shawn at Kennedy Racecars last year. They put it up on the rack and said there was nothing wrong with it. I don't think these shops actually know how to measure the older frames...and/or don't know what to look for as far as how they twist when hit.

I'll keep calling around but it sounds like your guys might know their stuff?

This is the printout that Bear gave me last year (the 2nd shop I took it to). I can't tell from the measurements how they measure torque in the frame.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 24, 2011 6:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I will give my guy a call later this am - see what he says and PM you his contact info if he is up for the job.

Tue May 24, 2011 6:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

airbrush what do you have going on with the frame , just curious to the problems . i have checked frames out with a laser and ruler pretty accurate once squared up on stands .

Tue May 24, 2011 8:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 24, 2011 8:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You might call Josh at Mahnke Autobody. I know Josh, but haven't spoken to him in years. I used to work with his wife. At least he'll tell you straight up if he can help you or not. I see there are three shops now in Denver. He used to run the Golden shop, so I'd call it first. (303) 279-4223 They'll know how to reach him. The straightened the frame on my PSD 5 years ago.

J.D.

Tue May 24, 2011 9:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 24, 2011 9:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

a couple more questions did you put a lift on recently , reason i'm asking is i read where some people have put there radius bushing in wrong and caused this problem . i know on mine they had 2 different degrees on them causing the list , also you said one frame shop said it was ok .

Wed May 25, 2011 10:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed May 25, 2011 10:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Every time I have measured ride height on a vehicle to check for an alignment, the tolerances would allow within 1/2" side to side on most vehicles, some even more so you are not too far out of that if specifications for a Bronco fall within them limits (im sure they do) and even if it has been wrecked, it may have came that way from the Factory. I go crazy when I see a vehicle that has a noticeable lean. Even my 78 does it and it pisses me off because I know it was from when my lil brother rolled it on its side. Does it have any issues when driving besides the visual lean?

Wed May 25, 2011 10:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No issues driving...just the lean. I've found a shop in Elizabeth that is actually familiar with Broncos so I'll be taking it down there soon.

Wed May 25, 2011 10:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here's the shop I found. Bronco Hut sells them parts on a regular basis so they know Broncos. Dana (Bronco Hut) called and talked with the owner Maury and described what he thinks is causing the lean in my frame. I'm hoping they find something and are able to correct it!

http://www.bendermenders.com/services.htm

I want to thank Melissa and Dana at the Hut. They have been nothing but helpful and are always available for questions etc. We are lucky to have a local Bronco shop!

Thu May 26, 2011 5:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I took four years of auto paint and body in high School in a separate vocational school. I often remind myself why I never stuck with that trade when I see insurance collisions and dealing with them from this side (Auto repair gets rock jobs often up here) Then sometimes I wish I did because my friends in the trade say it isnt so bad. I think sometimes it probably is nowhere near as bad as what I deal with these days though. I hope they get it figured out for you.

you could just put taller tires on that side. laughing2

Thu May 26, 2011 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]