[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - BC Broncos Throttle Cable Install Help...
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 BC Broncos Throttle Cable Install Help... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post BC Broncos Throttle Cable Install Help...
So I've got all the old linkage out and am attempting to get the new stuff installed. Looking at the "instruction" sheet that came in the kit, the mounting bracket is completely different and I also do not have the referenced "kick-down cable" that's shown in the instructions. Does anyone have a pic of how they installed this?

I called BC and their "Tech Guy" isn't available until tomorrow "and there is no one else in the company that can answer my question."

Thanks.

Last edited by airbur on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: BC Broncos Throttle Cable Install Help...(Entourage?:)
My kick down cable was already installed with a bracket identical to the one included in the BC throttle cable (except chrome vs. black) so my throttle cable was a dream to install. The included bracket mounted directly my the carb in an existing hole. I can shoot a pic of my setup if needed.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ah....I am a manual so no kick down. Pick would be great thanks.

Wed May 25, 2011 2:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If anyone is wondering....I got the answers here....

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... p?t=185940

Still looking for pics of how to mount the return spring on a manual.

Thanks.

Wed May 25, 2011 8:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here are a couple pics of mine . . .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 26, 2011 4:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the pics. I got it installed and cut the cable a bit too short so the pedal was sticking way up in the air. It worked but wasn't the best. I picked up some replacement cable from ACE and cut it slightly longer. It's amazing how much better the throttle response is with one of these things. That old Ford linkage was just a cluster.

Fri May 27, 2011 6:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is great news you got it. It is such an improvement to a smooth cable. I cut mine like 15 times trying to get it right and not cut it too short.

Fri May 27, 2011 11:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just have to say that this is probably the best $30 I've spent on the Bronco to date! The throttle response is amazing now! I would highly recommend it.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

put mine as well and works awesome.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yea...one of the best upgrades I've done. I knew there was a lot of play in that old linkage but didn't know how bad it was until I installed this thing:)

Felt good like spring cleaning unbolting all that stuff from the firewall and intake manifold.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]