[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Front Window Sticker / Decal
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
 Front Window Sticker / Decal 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Front Window Sticker / Decal
I really want a CCB front window decal. I want it to stretch accross the front window. Also need a font bold enough to be seen and not easily scratched off. Not sure If they should mount to the outside or inside of the glass. They could mount to the inside since most front windows are not tinted. They would definitely last longer mounted inside. I know that sticker places have tons of colors - I am thinking Metallic Grey to match my truck but White would show up better. I would like to get the price around $10.00 but that may be a dream in 2011.

I am picturing something like this . . .

Window Stickers.JPG

- Anyone else have any interest, ideas, suggestions?

- What Color would you want?

- Anyone have an 'IN' with a Sticker Shop to start sending our sticker business to?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 23, 2011 9:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Front Window Sticker / Decal
I don't think the "WWW" is necessary. And it would shorten it up and make it more readable.

Mon May 23, 2011 10:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 23, 2011 11:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have seen Grafico's Bronco build and it is sweet.

Mon May 23, 2011 12:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd prefer white or red and strongly vote for them to mount to the inside of the windows. Lots of us only have glass in the windshield and doors. I've got my current one mounted to the windshield and have to be really careful cleaning the windshield to not peel it off.

Mon May 23, 2011 3:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 23, 2011 4:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think that is a cool idea. One thought, take it or leave it, is the font.

Years ago I read a book called "Olgivy on Advertising". Its a great reference for anyone in marketing or looking to create quality advertising. One thing he stressed in print ad, is to use an easy to read font. The more stylized the font, the harder it is to read. I'd say try some fonts without the cursive & italics.

I've seen lots of stickers, ads, logos, etc. that you can't read, even if you are trying. You are trying to make an instant impression, not one that the reader has to figure out.

I grabbed the book and it says Century, Caslon, Baskerville, & Jenson are the easiest to read
No sanserif fonts.
No reverse type- white letters on black background- doesn't apply to the stickers, white is going to show best on a window.
Don't use all CAPS, use upper & lower case letters, the way we are used to reading.

His ideas are sound, if you see an ad or sticker you have to think about, it probably violates one of the above rules.

-for what its worth.

Chad

Mon May 23, 2011 5:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like the red and white both...The simpler the better!

Mon May 23, 2011 5:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like the White as well, I don't know if Jazzitup is still on Arapaho road or not but they would be well worth looking into. We had our trailer lettered for work and they did an awesome job.
I can ask who does the ones for RMFTC as well.

Mon May 23, 2011 7:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

All really good suggestions. From the responses today, looks like white is the color, more legible font, and install inside the glass. I will work on this more and get some prices. Keep the feedback coming!

P.S. I know there is a member who's family owns a sticker, t-shirt, hat, coffee mug, etc. shop here in Colorado and really like to use them.

Mon May 23, 2011 10:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a friend in AZ who does this sort of thing. Let me know if you don't find someone local.

As long as you have white or black, the other colors won't matter to me. I'd be in for one.

I also vote to adhere on the inside. One scrape with the ice scraper and you're ruined your sticker if it's on the outside and this is CO...

J.D.

Tue May 24, 2011 8:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 24, 2011 10:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes, my sticker will install along the bottom of the windshield for those very reasons.

J.D.

Tue May 24, 2011 10:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have Broncitis from CB.com bidding out the front CCB Window Stickers. Looks like he sells a lot of different Bronco stickers like the Sport Trim Stripes, Ranger Stripes, Grill FORD Letters, Tailgate FORD Letters, etc. Broncitis stated that he can make the Windshield Stickers to apply on the outside or the inside of the windshield. He primarily uses Black, Red, and White Vinyl, but can do other colors. Broncitis will send pics from the other Bronco clubs to give us an idea on what they will look like. I will post them soon as I get them.

I will post up prices when I recieve them and get a final count of the guys who want front Window Stickers. Since he is shipping this stuff out, let me know if you want any of the other decals he offers. I will be ordering a windshield decal and Grill Letters. I want to place the order so we receive the order in time for the June Breakfast With Broncos. Likely pay me through Pay Pal to my Email address or Cash at the Breakfast.

I will keep ya updated.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Keep us updated. I would be interested in one if they are not to expensive. I like white and inside the window. Did you decide on a final design, such as is the www still on it?

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am hoping the cost is reasonable. Broncitis recommended that since our Club name is so long that we either leave off the www and .com or turn then sideways.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think its fine to leave them off. Anyone in the offroad world will be able to find the club through Google searches.

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

GraficO is awesome! He designed a killer Logo for the front window stickers and recommended a local sticker shop in Lakewood. What a great guy. Here is the design:

CCB_decal_proof.jpg

It will be white vinyl decal instead of black. It is in all-caps which goes against Gunni's recommendation.

I will hear back on final pricing tomorrow. I really like it, but I would like thoughts either way.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Since the first letter in each word is bigger, I don't see having it all caps is too bad. however, I think I like your script ones above better...

J.D.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks good, I agree that the larger 1st letter of each word makes it look right.

I see the reason for the script logo, it looks like the "Bronco" script on the side of our trucks. My first impression was that I had trouble reading it, so I suggested the other fonts.

I'll be in for 1, any design.

Chad

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Maybe a bold face in the script in the first post would be easiest to read. Chad - can you bold that font for another look?

J.D.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Ill take 3 of what ever design you pick. One for each Bronco.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks a ton for the great feedback.

OK - Looks like the Script is more popular, the .com will stay, the www will go away, and Bold the Script Font.

I will revise the bid. Hope to get a price today.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like that lots. I'll be in for at least 1. Think it'd look weird on the Mazda? It's about 2/3 Ford parts anyway (my brake calipers actually have FoMoCo stamped on them.)

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]