[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Couple of EFI questions...
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Couple of EFI questions... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Couple of EFI questions...
Got a '97 Explorer motor last weekend including the EEC, wiring harness, serpentine, etc., however there were a couple things I read in the .pdf files for an Early Bronco EFI swap on fordfuelinjection.com that I am looking for a little more clarification on if anyone can help.

1) How big a deal is it if the lower intake manifold does not have an ACT sensor mounting boss? Where would the sensor be if it is not on the lower intake? Somewhere around the MAF?

2) It is my understanding that the EEC from 1996-2001 Explorers cannot be used succesfully--or it is extremely difficult to swap them successfully--due to the EEC being an OBD-II computer, is this correct? Do I need to be looking for a 1989-1993 Mustang computer like the "Inject Your Horse--part 2" .pdf recommends?

3)Am I going to have to replace some or all of the sensors?

Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Couple of EFI questions...
#1. Not a huge deal. If they aren't located in the lower intake they are usually located in the intake tubing after the MAF before the TB. Only thing you may have to do is extend the wiring to reach that location or remove the intake and drill and tap it.

#2. The Explorer computer is VERY difficult to use and would require all new wiring and such. Best bet is to get the earlier mustang stuff. Do yourself a favor and buy a new wiring harness from ford fuel injection!

#3. Most if not all of the sensors from that engine should work fine. Some of them may not..top of my head, maybe the TPS and MAF? Not too sure though!

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

if u call bronco hut, they do, and have done successfully 4 or 5 explorer swaps and have every thing you need including all advice tips

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Use the mustang ECM, harness and MAF. Everything else should work but a few of the actual connectors may be different than the mustang.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Is the computers a pain in the due the PATS antitheft.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:44 pm

I believe PATS started in 98. And even then if you did get froggy and wanted to do a OBDII set-up get a basic tune on a hand held and you can turn off PATS.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I thought the pcm needs the pats signal to fire the injectors. I didn't know you could just turn it off. Do you have reprogram the computer? Do you need a factory scan tool for this?

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:14 pm

Factory scan tool im not sure. But I know Diablosport, SCT, and Deltaforce aftermarket tuners can turn the PATS off. Yes it requires the re-program of the ECM.

I can turn it off in my cobra and use a regular key to start the car.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well that's always good info to know. Not that im doing this, but its cool to learn different ways of doing things.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]