[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - BFG Krawler
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 BFG Krawler 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post BFG Krawler
Anyone running these tires on anything? Found a decent used set on CL and thinking about picking them up if the reviews are right.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: BFG Krawler
They are crazy expensive - they make any other tire look reasonably priced. I have never heard anything about them but I like the tread pattern.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Agreed on the price. Looking over on TireRack, I can see that I would be saving about 800-1000 on this purchase but with an existing 25% loss in tread. So it is iffy at best.

Other candidates I am looking at are KM2s and the GY Wrangler MTR Kevlars. I ran MTRs on the 93 Bronco and loved them. A little loud on the road but I'm not driving a hybrid, so who cares.

Incidentally, tires get really pricey when you are looking at 37x12.5x17s. icon biggin

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No kidding - the difference from 33 to 35's is $20.00 but moving to 37's is HUGE. I am really excited about my ProComp X-terrains, but I think there are a ton of good choices. My second choice would likely be Mickey Thompson Baja Claws or Toyo Open Country Muds. Loud is good.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

we run them . they hang on to rocks like glue , not the best snow tire cause of the big lugs i would say i love these tires and we have tried lots of tires ..

66 Bronco (Molley) injected 418 stroker on juice, klune v ,4 speed atlas hi 9 35 spline air lockers front & rear, rcv axles. 37'' red krawlers. Four other sets of tires for ice racing and dirt drags. 290lbs of welding wire.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good tires for the rocks! Just don't expect them to last long if you drive it on the street at all!

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not hurting my feelings - I love the look of my X-Terrains. When its time to replace them, I may go a different route and will rely on the opinions of the group. However, driving my Bronco 5,000 miles a year, that is a ways off. I didn't have this group as a resource when I purchased my Rims and Tires. If these tires are truly ProCrap, then I am glad I have the group to save me from making another bad decision down the road. I appreciate the opinions, knowledge, experience, and recommendations.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd tend to agree with Zilla on this one. I have not heard much good come from people who have done the street/trail rig with either Pros or Mickeys. They look cool, but they wear quick. When I was looking for tires (I ended up getting the KM2s from Bobby at Discount) I used as a starting point on what I wanted to find out, then I just talked to people and asked opinions. I had the luxury of a couple of months before I had to buy tires to make my decision, but I couldn't be happier with the KM2.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm running Mickey Thompson Baja Claws since they were on my truck when I got it. I was really impressed with their grip this weekend and they stick better than anything I've ever driven off road. That said, my off road experience isn't much. The tradeoff is that they're really loud (think swampers) and wear quickly. I'll be going with one of the ones mentioned above when it comes time to replace them for better street manners.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Guess I should have mentioned from the onset that these tires would be going on the new Super Duty, not the Bronco. I don't plan to do much towing, yet. But I will be up in the mountains hitting the bike trails, rock hauling (not rock crawling), and generally tearing sh!t up when I am not in the Bronco. The majority of their use will be as a daily driver, when I am not taking the Bronco to work. Nothing too extreme, just 15 or so miles to and from work.

Suppose we could change this in to a general discussion thread, if we don't have one already.

The Terrible One

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not sure I'd spend the money for the Superduty. They'd be badass, but probably wouldn't last long enough with the uses you're talking about to make it worth it. I saw that CL ad as well, was tempted for the bronco. Figured I could sell off the wheels, but don't have the money right now to buy any of it when the tires I've got a perfectly serviceable.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That makes a huge difference Zack! LOL. Meaty tires look sweet on a SD, but they don't last long for the money. I don't know anyone with MTR's on a tow rig, but I know a fair amount of people happy with the KM2's. They will wear faster than any other style of tire. My answer remains the same for the Krawlers too.

SO, where are the pics of this new SD?

J.D.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, that makes a huge difference. I knew a guy who decided he had to have a set of Super Swampers on his F-250 for daily driving. They lasted him 6 months and he was back buying a set of BFG A/Ts that would last a little longer.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Zilla, are those duratracs?

I bought a used set of Toyo MT's and while I like them, they are noisy and wearing FAST! Didn't see any difference towing from the BFG Rugges trails I had one previous to the Toyo's

J.D.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, I am quite away from towing anything as of yet. Still need to buy a trailer!

If/when I do get to the towing phase, I plan to have a much more suitable tire and wheel set on hand in the garage to swap out to.

With my commute being 15 miles one way, I'm thinking I can deal with the potential tread loss from street driving. I only put 11k on the Taco in the first two years I owned it! And once I finish the hydro on the Bronco banghead , it will be pulling shifts with the SD for my commuter.

I've also been toying with the idea of picking up the military Goodyears in 37x16.5. Those things are like rocks and show hardly any wear. I figger the curb weights and GVWs between the M1151 Humvee and the F250 are close enough to count. But I'd fully research it first.

The Terrible One

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

As to the Duratracs on an EB..............I absolutely love mine.

They easily got me through everything this past week-end including snow bashing.

We aired down to 12? (one guage said 8, the other said 12, and mine was reading 18) psi and the sidewall was nice and flexy and the tread grip was awesome in the mud, snow, and rocks.

On the hiway they are smooth and quiet all things considered.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i forgot to say that molley has her own trailer as she is a queen most of the time . the tires do wear a little fast but it seems the more they wear the more sticky they get .. i would not run these tires on anything that saw more highway miles then off road miles .
cheers Molley

66 Bronco (Molley) injected 418 stroker on juice, klune v ,4 speed atlas hi 9 35 spline air lockers front & rear, rcv axles. 37'' red krawlers. Four other sets of tires for ice racing and dirt drags. 290lbs of welding wire.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like a nice truck with about 6"of lift? I assume we'll get full specs with more pictures once you get it home...??

Only thing I see right off is those side view mirrors off a prius...LOL!

J.D.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, the mirrors suck but will suffice for now. I'm thinking 6". Seller is Indonesian and English is not the primary language so details are a bit sketchy.

The Terrible One

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nope. Not yet. I took Zilla with me when I went to look at it. So if there is anything fatally wrong with it, I'll blame him. laughing2

The Terrible One

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]