[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Pickle Gulch/Yankee Hill area 6-12-11
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 7:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Pickle Gulch/Yankee Hill area 6-12-11 

Post Re: Pickle Gulch/Yankee Hill area 6-12-11
Hope you atleast had fun. Sucks about the damage but sometimes you can avoid it.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

sure looked like fun

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What a great day. I am uploading pic's and video's now to Photo Bucket. I have video of all the carnage. I will post up my report in a few.

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great pictures. The trail looked like a nice dirt road then got ugly. Cannot believe you guys got body damage on your perfect Broncos. Nice job and glad you guys had a good time.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Had another great time wheelin with the gang.

I was worried that Madison wouldn't be able to hang in there with us for a full day of dusty wheelin but at 6:30 she was still having a blast exploring old mine shaft and then rooting for me on a hill climb.

I really felt bad for Dave when his quarter panel hit that rock..............I thought he would be upset because it messed up his great paint job but he didn't even flinch.

Late in the day we ran into some deep snow drifts that made us turn around. While waiting for Zen to get unstuck I chatted with a guy that made it all the way to the end of this trail in his Chevy Astrovan. Turns out he has a totally stock 76 Bronco Explorer sitting in his garage that he bought off the showroom floor. He said we inspired him and he is gonna get it going and check out our website.

Anyway, enjoy the pics but more importantly, come join us sometime.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What a great time it must have been, I wish I could have been there. Carnage is always better watching live and in person! Great pics and trail report.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome stuff - Wish we could have been there to play with you all. Instead I was here working...

Great pictures, glad you had fun.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great pictures. The damage sux!

Hard to believe that guy did the trail in an Astro van......was it lifted 7" with 37s and AWD or something?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

As Zillacon said, we had a great time and a good group to spend the day with. We did have a couple broncos bitten during Pickle, but I guess it happens to all of us(videos of damage below). Like Dan said we started the day on Pickle Gulch until a couple large drifts stopped us. Crazy how much snow is still up there this late the year. Pickle proved to be a good test for the broncos but nothing we couldn't handle. On our way back out we came across a Full size bronco that was way over heated and helped him out. After turning around we went over to Yankee Hill were we spent a little time messing with the carbs and we got them to run much better but I still have some jetting to do. Mine looks like its a diesel with the smoke cloud that comes out. After we tried to run trail 709 (best trail in that area) but it was snowed in by 5 + foot drifts (pic Below). There was a Astro Van back in there but they came in on the smooth road not the ruff trails we were on. Rox Crusher did a rear wheel stand of two feet coming down a trail on Yankee but sadly no picture. It looked like he was about to roll but he pulled through with his skills. Rox Crusher, Crazyone (now Blue Eagle) and myself headed out the the trail head where we did some hill climbs and the broncos did well on the loose dirt. (video below). It was a great day with the Bronco Buddies.

Wheel stand here moments before Pic.

Snow drift that stopped us, Truck sank right in no floating over it.

Let my little bro drive for a little while.

ZILLACON And where the damage to hear quarter happened

CRAZYONE and where he got his damage

Two more videos to come once they finish uploading.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like Zilla and Crazy are ready to come on some wheelin' trips with me now! Those tiny little scratches are CUTE!! laughing2

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A hill Climb up a very steep loose dirt hill. We went back and did the hardest line just for Zillacon! stirpot

One more video to come when uploaded.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah it was way steeper than it looks. I felt like I was looking straight at the moon just before I made it over the top. It was so much fun!! I have yours uploading now Rox.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]