[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Saran Wrap & Eagle Rock July 16th!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Saran Wrap & Eagle Rock July 16th! 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Saran Wrap & Eagle Rock July 16th!
Had a great turnout. 4 EBs, 1 BB, 1 F-150 & Rubicon.

We all met at the parking lot and pulled out of there *almost* on time. Drove up to the dirt road and aired down. From there we kinda leap frogged our way up as we had a few issues like fuel starvation, vapor lock, etc. But we all made it to the Saran Wrap trailhead. As we headed in, Gary's bronco seems to prefer to run on gas instead of air. We think his problem was that he needs a pusher pump to supply his high pressure pump. Each time it died, we had to get the rear in the air to gravity feed the fuel in. Well his rig died right there just as we began the trail. So I hooked up my winch and thru the snatch block attempted to pull his rig up on the side of the road to get the tank higher than the pump. Didn't work. Some uhh, fool decided against crimping the end of my winch rope to the eyelet that attaches to the drum and my line just spun on the drum. So I pulled up and we hooked my dad's winch (rubicon) to Gary and got him running again. But he thought it best to head home rather than leave his bronco and ride or chance going on. Probably a smart move. During that time, due to burning a bunch of fuel and schedule, 3 of the guys turned around and headed up Eagle Rock. My dad, Joe and I continued on up Saran Wrap. Made quick work of that so I didn't get any pictures although my dad got a few, which I'll get later.

Then we connected down to Eagle Rock and caught up with the group at a particularly difficult section. A group in front of them held up progress and the reason we caught up with them. My dad and I got thru the obstacle and wait for Joe to do the same. But Joe had a little trouble, then all the sudden his axle bracket on the driver side front decided to part ways with the axle itself! Dang, that's going to be difficult to drive! After some thinking, Corey suggested we pull the axle back into place using a winch and then using whatever fasteners we could, pull the axle back into the c-shaped cup of the axle bracket. a couple chains and three ratchet straps later, we got Joe turned around and headed back down the trail. I followed Joe out while the rest of the group continued. Once Joe was confident he could make it down the rest of the way, I split off and came up the Mt. Baldy trail and caught the group at the top of Eagle Rock. After some messing around, most of the guys headed on down Mt. Baldy and headed home.

My Dad and I continued up Mt. Baldy and stayed on it until we came to FS376. We hung there and watched a family on ATV's cross the creek. We headed back in the way we came and explored a few spur roads on the way out. We aired back up where we aired down made our way to Joe's house to make sure he was home safely. After a lot of BS and couple beers, we returned home happy, hungry, and exhausted!

At the parking lot:

On the connector from Eagle Rock to Saran Warp:

Joe's big break:

Rock formations along Mt. Baldy:

The lookout on Mt. Baldy headed home:

Poser with my Dad and I:

I had a great time, but felt terrible for Gary with his fuel issues and what he went thru to get to go on this trip. We'll go again soon!

I am excited to see the pictures from the other camera's! Post them here!

J.D.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Saran Wrap & Eagle Rock July 16th!
Sounds like a action packed adventure. Sounds like you guys had your hands full. Still sounds like a fun time to me though.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i had a great time, and i know everyone else did, i can't wait to do another, i've got a bunch of pics, eventhough most are from the passenger side of my rig at the trail and the back of my buddy dave's big bronco, i couldn't believe how easily my rig walked the trail with the new suspension, tires, and locked up in the rear, once its regeared, locked in the front, and has efi i have no doubt it will be one amazing rig! just watching J.D.'s rig idle through everything was nothing short of awesome, you definitely got my wanting that atlas t-case, and efi that much more, really the only issue i had was a slight amount of vapor lock when it had been sitting a really long time waiting on this pathetic gigantic toyota to get through the difficult spot that J.D. had mentioned caused a traffic jam, i'll post the pics up in a couple minutes

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

sorry got sidetracked, the wife deleted them off of the sd card, and saved them on her computer banghead , so i have to upload them tonight on her computer

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

here they are finally....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

those were at the look out on old stage road, and the small bypass loop trail just before eagle rock and saran wrap, the next are from when jd, his father, and joe stayed back to help gary, i was going to run out of gas if we didn't go soon, and dave had to get to a wedding at 5pm, so my friend dave in the blue bb, myself and my wife in mine, and our friend michael along with his gf britney and friend thomas headed up eagle rock, where we got stuck waiting for a monstard toyota and 2 jeeps to get over an obstacle for about 45mins, just after we got through J.D., his father(who's name has escaped me), and joe caught up to us, this is also where joe broke, got fixed back up and turned around and we headed on from there

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

and more, and they are reversed order from how i intend to put them in, sorry, and i'll have to get with dave and michael to see if anyone got any good action shots of mine as its kinda hard for the wife to from in the truck, and i always forget to ask her to get out.... and its probably best i do ^_^

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

and more.... and my wife is so good at getting pics of me in my most retarded moments, i can't even look normal when spotting laughing2

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

and more... plus J.D. making it look easy!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

and more..... and joes break!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

and more..., you guessed it, im not done yet!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

more...

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

more.....

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

more... with some fun messing around on michael's rock bed/rti ramp! lol, I actually got about a foot further up, but the tire slipped off the rail before anyone could get a pic, I also threw 2 pics of the last time me and dave were up on eagle rock together, its amazing to look back at my truck before, and see how well it works now, i just really need to finish that front bumper now icon biggin

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice pics! Your wife posing cracks me up! What a sport. Mine would never. My dad's name is Myron. Funny flex pics on Micheal's truck! I only made it look easy because three weeks earlier I got caught there pretty good, so all I needed to to is follow my successful line I took last time.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, I still need to apologize for holding the group up and making it a longer trip than should have been. Sorry again about that guys. Sorry I missed the rest of the fun. Thanks to everyone for their patience on this one, next time, I will have my fuel issues taken care of.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Don't sweat it man! That's all part of the fun for me. I hate it that we couldn't get you fixed there so you could continue on, but you're not the only guy to ever delay a group, nor will you be the last. Plus, gives us a good excuse to head back up. The clear fuel filter is a good idea. Been meaning to add one to mine for some time.

J.D.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ya no worries at all Gary, i felt so bad that you had to turn back, and like J.D. said, it happens, its part of wheeling, especially in a 30-40year old truck, stuff breaks, parts fail, even on perfect new rigs, we'll have to go atleast one more time this summer, and if i can get the efi done over the winter, we'll go snow bashin' if ya want too, and like i said, if ya need my help you know how to reach me, i'd be more than happy to come down and help ya

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great write up and trail fix, breaking is part of the adventure, how you handle it makes the difference.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Late update...got pictures from my dad:
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/je ... gle/Myron/

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]