[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - The Zombie Apocalypse thread
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 The Zombie Apocalypse thread 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post The Zombie Apocalypse thread
This came up on another forum I hang out on, thought it would be entertaining to see what you all came up with.

What would you do in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse? Think movies/shows like The Walking Dead (which is really good if you like this sort of thing) and Zombieland. Where would you go? Would you one-man army it, or hole up with a group? What would you choose for weapons? What is your preferred transport? What would your survival priorities be?

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: The Zombie Apocalypse thread
I loved Zombieland. I would definitely try to hang out at Bill Murray's house.

I am thinking a H1 with Zobie sticker on the back, shotgun, and 5 Girls from Hooters because I am classy like that.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The "Walking Dead" is awesome! Can't wait for October 16th! I haven't been excited for a TV series, like this, in a long time.

The Zombie Apocalypse is one reason I live in Gunnison. Large, natural barriers, limited entrance/exit points, and a sparse, but very well armed population - they don't call it "Gunrack" for nothing. If the outbreak occurs during the winter, defense of the town necks down to 2 roads. Unless the virus jumps to cows, I think Gunnison is a great place to be. I think my toughest decision would be if I had to pick up & run, which guns to carry? Do you carry close quarter guns, like a 12g? or a longer range rifle like an AR, or even a big rifle? A bull pup may be a good compromise. Tough decisions, I hope I never have to make.

Oh did I mention, me and a friend used to talk about these things till his wife would go crazy. Kinda became a game.

Chad

Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm going to Bill's house with the Hooters girls! cookin

Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:05 am
Zombies! Damn it, I've been stocking up the viper lair for the vampire apocolypse.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, No hooters but some pretty hot college chicks and good elk hunting. Jayson

Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Gunni, I've been re-watching the first season of the Walking Dead. One of the best shows put out in a long time. I'm way stoked for the 16th. I'd hole up in a local costco with 5-10 of my best buddies. Limited entry points, lots of non-perishable food, plenty of toilet paper. I'd go for a sub-sonic .22 for closer work (very quiet with a silencer, the bullet will enter but may not exit), a 12ga and something that can reach out and touch someone.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Melee weapons are a better choice since they don't run out of ammo and you need a solid head shot anyways. Don't believe what the movies tell you, make sure you're prepared http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-G ... 530&sr=8-1

Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I read Max Brook's book and found it woefully inadequate, making grand assumptions that led to oversimplified answers. Brook's most obvious failure is to to address "runners", or fast moving zombies, assuming a Romeroesq Zombie Apocolypse.

LOL. I'm a big fan of the new generation of zombie movies, like 28 Days, and the Dawn of the Dead remake. The faster moving zombies make a more exciting movie. "Walking Dead" has done a great job making a show of with the slower zombies. I knew I was going to love it from the very first scene, no holds barred. If you watch, you'll know what I'm talking about. I'll be elk hunting from October 15th-19th, so I'm having a viewing party after the hunting season, with my other friend who doesn't get A&E. So I won't be checking this thread or any other zombie related website till after I see the episode, I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Chad

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Folks,

As much as I love thew great state of Colorado, and Gunni, you are right, the re are plenty of pretty sweet places like your town there to hole up, but I am afraid whit the main population being liberal tree huger liberal types who will want to simply understand and live along side the Zombies and who will ultimately fall easy prey and become victims themselves, thus more zombies... I am heading north. Loading the family up into a recently stolen 7.3L SD or Excursion, taking the 12g, 7mm mag, 22 lever action and just for good measure - plenty of wood stakes (just in case Viper is right and it is vampires instead) and heading to NW Wyoming.

That many cowboys, gun nuts, and hunters and even the Zombies will not stand a chance. Shesh, if they can get past the bears and wolves the red necks will have plenty of answers for them...

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hee, hee. Boulder would be done for. I can hear it now: "Give flesh eating Zombies a chance!"

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Smart

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I watched the Season Two Premiere of The Walking Dead last night. It was freakin' awesome! I will continue to DVR the Second Season while I watch Season One (since I haven't seen it yet). Thanks for posting this up! BTW - the Season Premiere set a new record for viewership of a basic cable program.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This season is looking good. An "American Horror Story" is real good on FX, too.

Most awesome haunted house ever:
http://www.adultswim.com/blog/gobbledeg ... lypse.html

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]