[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - My 76 so far, new pics
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 My 76 so far, new pics 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post My 76 so far, new pics
I can only do two photos at a time i guess.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Lila76 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: My 76 so far
More

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

More

Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thats all I have for now. I have added a winch and that's about it. It was in rough shape when I got it and I have repaired the passenger floor and sprayed bed liner and those seats are out of an Audi and the power works. It used to be white and orange and probably a few other colors that I have found on it. Did disc brake conversion and made tie rods and drag link. Replaced the awesome old school red Rancho lift with a new WH kit. 3.5 in the back and 4.5 in the front. Twin sticks and new transmission.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Diggin the murdered out look. Gonna keep it that way? Good lookin rig!

BTW the photos are limited to 2/post to encourage folks to use external hosting sites like photobucket.com etc. I believe the pics on the site will be going away some time in the near future.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great looking Bronco, man. Love the flat black, power seat (whoa!), nice size lift, tires and wheel, great bumpers too. Real cool look with everything blacked out. Thanks for posting up some pics.

Is that a Stone Crusher Steering?

Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I made the steering myself. Big difference from before. I would love some new wheels and get rid of the super swampers as well. The PO had swapped drum brakes on it before I got it and had to convert it back.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very nice!! Good job on the steering setup. You should produce them for the club! "Lilaized Steering". :)

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It actually was not that expensive to make. Heim joints and welded bunts to DOM tubing. I will help anyone make a set.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice looking rig. I've always wondered how a Bronco would look murdered out. Zillacon helped me make a similar tie rod setup, only difference is that I used Chevy 1 ton tie rod ends. I'm pretty sure I could jack up the truck on it in a pinch.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would love that steering setup - I may take ya up on fabbing up a set. May be a tech class for this spring.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The tires look to be in good condition. I would think you could sell the set and put a huge dent into something you'd like more...

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I want the heim system like lila76. I tried to get Stone Crusher to become a Vendor on the site a month ago and never followed through. I would love to make my own for less money and do it myself. Name the time and place for the tech class and I will be there.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A couple of other considerations with heims vs. TREs:

1. If you move the tie rod over the knuckles you have to stack the heims on the passenger's side on top of each other. This creates a fair amount of leverage due to the longish bolt required, increasing the chance of failure and the slop that Zilla mentioned.
2. Some installations see increased bump steer since the drag link is connected at the knuckle rather than partway down the tie rod as in the stock setup. This isn't a huge deal, but can be annoying and cause more wear and tear on the steering box, especially if the truck sees a decent amount of street use.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I also am a firm believe that Chevy 1 ton TRE's are the way to go for steering. Mine has served me well for years. I have replacements that I need to put on since mine are getting sloppy, but far safer a HEIM. They also offer a little vibration isolation, which the heims do not.

This looks like a great kit to me:
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/YLINK.html

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I know that there have been a ot of discussions on heim setup or chevy knuckles. I have not noticed any bump steer as of yet. I figured that I would give this set up a try and so far I have had good results. It has definitely held up off road with no issues. I have also had it on the highway and no issues either. I used grade 8 hardware and I'm not too worried about any sheering of bolts. I also know there are different heim joints and I know mine are made with Kevlar and not nylon. Time and abuse on the rig will be the ultimate test but it is cheaper to buy a new heim joint than a rod end. I am primarily wanting to use the rig off road and for club meetings or a Sunday drive to the movies with the wife.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I agree a steering build could be nice, iwas going to order a new steering set up but would perfer to do it in house. The flat black is great, i really like that you did the top and didnt leave it white! nice build!

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here's what I started with

Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

More...

Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

More

Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: My 76 so far, new pics
I got a little excited when I bought it because I thought it could have been a bronco or stroppe edition but I checked the vin on the glove box and no luck. A lot of orange on it though.

Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:07 pm

was it an explorer?

Good looking ride. I think broncos look great in black. Im not a fan of "murdered out" vehicles but that does look good.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Put my new/old soft top on and wheels. I like it a lot better than the old spray painted steel wheels. No more murdered out look

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next