[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - My little fire pit
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 My little fire pit 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post My little fire pit
Been working on this a while, but nearly finished it this weekend.

First, I needed to roll some flat bar. You see I put these pulleys on the shelf in case I needed them someday and that finally panned out for once! That's redneck engineering right there...
I just moved the large pulled after each bend to get a tighter and tighter bend.

One wheel being made:

Not totally happy with the wheels. I should have rolled the whole piece of flat instead of just the length I needed for the wheel because I got flat spots on the ends. They are not round, but pretty close.

Here's the nearly completed project:
I want to add some fairly heavy expanded metal in the bottom for the surface where the fire will be.

Have yet to try it.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: My little fire pit
JD - That is pretty darn cool. I hope there are no fire ban's in your neck of the woods so you get to use it soon!

We have one of the store bought ones that the boys bought for me for fathers day many moons ago. We use it a lot, the boys have a bunch of friends over and they have "bonfires", complete with smoores and guitar sing-a longs. Like my aunt told me a few years ago - when they become teenagers, you would rather have the house that everyone hangs out at than wonder where they are and what they are doing. It means at times I have to pick up 37 Mtn Dew cans in the am before I can mow, but at least I know it was just Mtn Dew they were drinking.

Nice fab work.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks! I love projects like this. Finding the time is the hardest part. Not sure on the burn ban. We got a little snow overnight, so one evening this week, I may try it if the wind stops blowing!! Getting sick of the 70+mph gusts all night and day!

And you are right about the parties!

J.D.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post My little fire pit
Nice work JD!

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My favorite fire pit growing up was the drum out of an old washing machine. Our scout master had pulled it from a junk yard. It was one of the heavy ceramic coated steel, probably 1950s vintage.

We burned allot of wood in that thing. It elevated the smoke a bit, the holes in the sides seemed to let air in and heat out, plus that steel radiating the heat well.

I've always wanted to go pull one for myself but never have.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hmm wash machine...wish I would have thought of that a while ago. I was on the hunt for a tank like you see here for a long time. I probably could have gotten a busted up wash machine much earlier... Course that might have been more redneck than my wife could handle. When I first cut this tank up, my wife's comments were exactly that..."That's not as redneck as I thought it was going to be".

Gee thanks hun! LOL!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is an awsome fire pit you made there.

Now that you've honed your skills, it's time for the next project.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cue Homer.

Mmmmm. Pulled pork. drool

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's a sweet smoker to be sure! And I think it'd be fun. But time is short these days...

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]