[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Cleaning a gas tank
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Cleaning a gas tank 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Cleaning a gas tank
Think I found my problem with the fuel pump/weak fuel pressure with my Sherman tank...BMF never cleaned the thing and it's clogged my filter & fuel pump stainer....What's the best way to get the tank cleaned out?

2006 4Runner V8 Sport Edition
1998 4Runner...DD with 333k and counting

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Cleaning a gas tank
Would a radiator shop clean it?

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

POR 15 sells a fuel tank kit that cleans then seals the inside to protect it from these issues. I have this one and started the prep on my F100 tank, its a bigger tank so I needed more prep but after the first process was complete I looked inside and it looked like new metal.

http://www.por15.com/FUEL-TANK-REPAIR-K ... info/FTRK/

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This is a new tank with no issues besides the engine builders who installed it never cleaned it...there is dirt and grime just sitting on the bottom that's causing problems. Would some clean gas washed around in there and then wipped out do the trick?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:09 am
I would just take it down to the car wash and blast it out. Then spray the inside down with WD40 before it starts to dry.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok, my first (smartass) response was "Torch". But that is just the kind of mood I am in this morning.

I had to do the same thing with the tank for my 51 F-1. And I did exactly what Viper suggested.

Worked fabulous for me.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No joke, that simple...how much wd40? Do I need to wipe down after that?

Next question...what's the best way to test a in-tank pump? Need to see if it was just the dirty strainer and fuel filter that caused the low fuel pressure.

Thanks as always!

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I did the car wash deal, but before I shot WD in it, I dried it out with Xylene. Put about half a can of that stuff in there to help evaporate the water quicker and make sure it's dry.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I believe the literature that came with my new tank suggested rinsing with a gas and oil mixture.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:02 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]