[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Help with Centech harness
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Help with Centech harness 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Help with Centech harness
Hey everyone, I'm new to CCB but a 4 year EB owner. I have recently taken on the task of redoing the wire harness, and went with Centech. I currently have the dash pulled, along with the stock harness completely torn out. My hope is that once I get rolling with installing the new harness it wont be -THAT- bad, its just a matter of getting rolling. Anyone have experience installing this harness and willing to kill a day with me in my garage? There is as much beer/liquor/lemonade in it for you as you want. I'm more than willing to repay the favor by helping with any projects you may have as well.

I'm located in Broomfield, the bronco is in a garage that stays nice and cool -- and clean. I will be out of state for the next few weeks, so I'm looking at picking this back up around mid june.

Thanks in advance!!

Chris

Tue May 08, 2012 12:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Help with Centech harness
Chris, welcome! Beer seems to get the extra helping hands, so maybe someone will be able to help you!

But again, welcome to the club!

Tue May 08, 2012 1:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Read your instructions thoroughly....several times. I say that because unless they have updated the instruction manual, you are going to spend some time scratching your head. When I installed my Centech, I called them several times about certain aspects of it and their tech support was no more help than the manual was.

Welcome aboard, by the way

Tue May 08, 2012 2:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I might be able to help some, depending on timing. I did mine about a year and a half ago. It isn't that hard. Buy yourself the special crimper for the weatherpak connectors, they're a pain the the butt otherwise.

Tue May 08, 2012 4:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys!! Justin:: I wasnt entirely sure if the weatherpack connectors were required for the installation so I didnt purchase them (unless they came with the basic kit.) Do I NEED to get these?

Wed May 09, 2012 8:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mine came with them. You will need some kind of connectors.

Wed May 09, 2012 9:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So I guess I'm confused, the harness I got looks pretty complete.... what exactly is the weatherpack kit for?

Fri May 11, 2012 9:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not sure. Mine came with the weatherpak connectors, just not installed. Maybe for people who are buying a really bare bones harness?

Fri May 11, 2012 10:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just went out and looked in my Centech box, I bought a kit a while ago, but haven't put it in. There are some weatherpack connectors included (all in one zip lock bag). I quickly scanned the instructions and it looks like they are for the front & rear turn signal lights & maybe the rear harness. Gives you a weatherproof disconnect that the factory harness didn't have. It is in the "Information Packet" under "Rear Harness" & "Weather Proof Connectors" sections. Also looks like the steering column connector uses a similar small crimp.

edit: There is also a page in the Installation Manual that explains the weatherpack assembly.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]