[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Stereo guys?
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Stereo guys? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Stereo guys?
Anyone? The door speakers in the SD are cracking, popping, and generally sound like garbage. I know nothing about stereos, amps, and all that magic. How about some recommendations on a nice, moderately sweet set up to throw in the truck? I was thinking new door speakers and maybe, MAYBE a small sub under the back seat.

Thoughts?

Also, as long as we're on the subject, what stereo set ups have you guys found that provide a good amount of tunes for inside the Bronco? Personally, I do love the sound of my exhaust and the rattle of the hard top. But the wife is probably going to want to listen to something while we bounce down the road.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Stereo guys?
Can't help you on the SD, as I usually just buy whatever mid level stuff is on sale. Both my car and the Bronco are loud enough that I won't really see much difference with a nice setup. I've got a set of 6x9 speakers sitting on the shelf ready to install and I'll be picking up this head unit tomorrow:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/JVC+-+50W+x ... Id=4707085

No CD player and the ability to stream Pandora and music from my phone via bluetooth at price significantly lower than anything else that'll stream bluetooth. JVC isn't as high end as some of the other stuff out there, but the fact that it doesn't have a CD player means less crap to break and one less place for dirt to get in.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Zack - I put about $550 into my setup a few years ago. Crutchfield was running a special for a JVC head unit (CD, MP3. ipod etc) and threw in 4 Infinity Reference door speakers. I think that setup was $350. Then my wife bought their 8" powered sub for my Christmas and it sounded darn good for what I had into it. Miles above the factory setup. My goal was to make it sound good on the inside, but no further.

Before this transaction, I wouldn't have recommended Crutchfield to anyone, but after this, I do all the time. You can chat with them online and they can help you get a good setup and you can install yourself. I knew nothing of installing stuff like this either, but all you have to do is crimp a few wires together to make an adapter from the factory connector to the head unit of your choosing and the directions were straight forward. I think I had the head unit and speakers installed in just a couple hours. About the same for the powered sub too, which barely fit hidden under my small back seat. You'll have less problems with the crew.

For the money, and without huge connections, I am not sure you could do better for the $$.

J.D.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the input guys. I figure the Bronco stereo will wait until after the redux is complete. But that stereo you mentioned Justin sounds perfect. I'm not a fan of much broadcast radio these days and Pandora is my usual fall back. And what's a "CD"? Lol

JD, no issues with Crutchfield here. The Kenwood I put in Frau Castle's 4Runner came from Crutchfield. Love the fact they are available to help with it.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Good luck getting a sub under the back seat. I'm gonna run a 10" behind the back seat. Can't find anything to fit under the seat. And I'm in about the same boat as you. Ready to replace the whole thing in my truck.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Being the cheap SOB that I am, i think I will pick up the majority of components from CL. Spotted a two 10" sub box for 50 bucks and will probably just rob the speakers from this and put them behind the back seat, as you said. Just haven't pulled out the seat to see how much room is under there.

On the Bronco side of the house, I am thinking about one of those overhead speaker bars like the Jeeps had aftermarket stuff for. I like the idea of keeping the doors clean and uncut. Currently I have two hodge podge 6x9s mounted on top of the rear wheel wells that a PO installed.

The Terrible One

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've been wanting one of the windshield covers that BC sells:

http://www.bcbroncos.com/interiorupgrades.html

Cut my own speaker holes and wire it up. Too bad I don't think it'll fit with my roll cage.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I seriously thought about doing this to my Cobra 29. Not sure how you're route the big bundle of wires-I don't think there's enough room in the windshield frame:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio- ... nsole.html

I also thought pretty seriously about putting my gauges up there.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here's the sub I had in my truck. I am sure that if it fits under the seat of a Super cab, you crew guys shouldn't have any problem.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PT/So ... B-8PT.html

Sure it's not $50 subs from CL, but since it has it's own amp, that is once less piece of equipment to find room for. And by the time you factor in an amp and finding a place to put it, you may be money and headache ahead with this guy. You'd be amazed at how well this little 8" pounds too. No it's not the dual 12" subs with 1500 watts I had in high school, but it will make great sound inside the cab.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:29 am

That setup at 3" tall will fit gres t. Thanks for the link. Might have to order one up.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm running a. Ken wood deck with a iPod hookup so I can listen to my iPod and pandora I have a like 2x4 speaker in the original speaker hole and 2 6x9s in the back and I think it is plenty. I wouldn't put a sub in my bronco to much stuff rattling.
But u could put a sub in a center like jeep does.

I get all my stereo stuff from bestbuy but I never pay sticker. They will actually haggle with u if u try.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]