[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - My wifes Jeep was stolen the other night
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 My wifes Jeep was stolen the other night 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post My wifes Jeep was stolen the other night
Hey guys, my wife's 91 Jeep YJ was stolen from in front of her work late Thursday/early Friday over at the Walmart off Palmer Park and Powers. Its white with a black soft top, 31x10.50's and has a few identifiable characteristics. Mainly that the rt front fender and bumper have a subtle bend in them...there are more but I don't want to post them cause you never know who's looking. If you see something that fits my description and want more info please pm me. Here's a crappy cell phone pic of it. Thanks in advance for keeping an eye out for it.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: My wifes Jeep was stolen the other night
Keeping an eye out!

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bummer, that sucks. Hope it comes back safe and sound.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Also post up on CO4x4.org too. They have a section dedicated to just that!

Sorry about the troubles! Keep your eyes peeled as it may have just went for a joy-ride. I know that still makes you feel violated, but you may get it back shortly. So many dirtbags in this world. Will they ever open a season up on them?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, apparently the police found the Jeep today and we will be picking it up tomorrow from impound. Hopefully there wasn't too much damage done while the thieves had it. Amazingly good news, now I don't have to give up my Bronco fund to help replace her Jeep

fire fire

Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good to hear, hope it is ok!

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, I guess you could say that the damage is relatively minor. They punctured the gas tank and drained it, stole the battery and the cheapy stereo. The biggest pain is that they damaged the steering column quite a bit so I am now in the market for a yj steering column. Glad to have it back but I sure would like to meet up with the guys that took it...

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd hit up FN Jeep for parts:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/FN-Jeep-LLC/215621294765

What are the police doing now? I hate to think I know the answer.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry man, so frustrating!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry to hear about the damage but happy to hear you got it back.

A year or so ago my neighbor had his 4Runner stolen right out of is garage. The police found it less than two miles from his house, but with 10k more miles on it than when it was stolen. They suspect it was used to run drugs back and forth between Mexico and Colorado. He was never able to get them to tell him exactly where it was found, only that it was super close to where he lives.

I try not to hate on CSPD too much. I know several of the officers on the force and most do the best they can. But, COS seems a little screwed up in their priorities lately. Dropping thousands to paint that stupid banner on the depot roof, another couple grand on coming up with a new motto for the city to attract tourism, etc. All of this during a time when they can't even keep people from stealing the electrical lines out of the lights along I-25. Personally, I've always thought a low crime rate, good streets, and good schools were what attracted people to a city and added to the tax base. But maybe I'm just "not in tune" with politics.

If you are in need of another cheap stereo to throw in the Jeep, let me know. I have the one pulled from the Bronco just sitting on a shelf in the garage. Not planning to use it for anything and not worth my effort to put it on CL. Snap a pic for you tonight.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks akaFrankCastle, its very much appreciated. I really don't have an issue with our police force, in fact, I wish we had a lot more. A couple of my cousins work in law enforcement and I have nothing but respect for the police...its some of the decisions behind the scenes that don't make sense to me. Oh well, at least we have the vehicle back and its not totalled.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had a truck being upfitted by Layton truck (for work... Colo Spgs utilities) the truck was found near that same location. Palmer Park & powers next to that car wash. This being a $300k water crew truck, got alot of attention by the police. It was found with minor damage to the ignition switch too. Sounds interesting/ ironic!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well hopefully they get the people that stole it!!!!
We had a crazy build jeep stolen in parker by some meth head, the truck stunk so bad! They stripped all the rack and the bumpers off, left the the naked, but the rubicon lift and new 4.0 ho. They were caught and held up in the springs like everyone eles.
Funny thing is we got a check from the insurance, then sold the jeep as is,which was still very nice rock rig(for a jeep).
Then we still get good checks from the two people that stole it!
all in all we made out not vey common.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]