[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - I need more power, Scotty!
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 I need more power, Scotty! 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post I need more power, Scotty!
I just can't do it captain, I don't have the power!

As most of you know, I started to try and get back in the group in November but that was short lived as the Holidays were crazy and things have just started to settle down for me. Well, I'm trying to make another go at things. Stopped by the swap meet last Saturday and seeing all the broncos made me want to get my project going. I purchased a house over a year ago so I can finally have a full garage to myself and the bronco among other reason for having a house. The garage has power...but only 110v and the main panel for the house is only a 100 amp panel, 1950's house. Since there is a sub panel that was attached to the main panel, the house inspector said I could add some circuit breakers to that to get power to the garage. The reason for the more power is for a welder and down the road air compressor. It would be nice at some point to open my garage up to others if they need to use things.

Is that feesable? or am I better off dishing out the funds for a Main Panel upgrade? If I go the route of the Main Panel upgrade, it would be down the road as funds are tight.

electrical panel.jpg

Also, it was nice see ya, the ones that were at the swap meet. Sorry, I didn't introduce myself to more. It was nice to unload a lot of my scrap part towards the project bronco. I like the idea and look forward to doing some of the projects.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Post Re: I need more power, Scotty!
Call rad electrical services. 303-349-2126. Tell him Rob sent you. See what he has to say.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I will give him a call. Thanks Rob.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Depends on how much juice you want in the garage? looking at the pic you prob want an upgrade, but could look diff with the covers off

Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thats another thing I'm nervous about, once the panels are open, more issues are uncovered.

Welder would work off of 240v 30 amp and the Air Compressor work off of 240v 20 amp. The sub panel uses two 50 amp breakers off of the main panel. The only thing right now that pulls 240v is the AC.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:21 pm

no range/oven or dryer?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Both the oven and dryer are gas.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Where are you at? If you aren't too far out of the way, I can swing by and take a look at it for you. From the looks of the picture, you may have a couple of options.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I live on the south west side of Denver, Sheridan and Florida are the main cross streets.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think we need a tech day on garage wiring. There are more than a few guys that would want to know how to wire a 220v circuit, myself included.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Done. What's needed?

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:02 pm

I just wired a 100amp sub panel to my garage. with all free parts. Now I can run whatever I want in the garage.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dave (Crazyone) was able to stop by after work yesterday to check out my setup and was able to figure out what we can do to get more power into the garage. Thanks again Dave.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I too can do a service change from 100 amp to 150-200 amp services. Or wire a 220v to a garage and most of us could use a
couple dedicated 20 amp circuits in the garage as most houses are wired with the garage,bath gfi or outside gfi. If your not 100% confident and comfortable in running wire and working in a panel don't touch it. Have a few electrician friends who has lost fingers and or cooked a couple (480 to phase) but its no fun. I also have a full service remodel basement and home building company.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]