[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 75 Axle upgrade ***PIC ADDED****
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 75 Axle upgrade ***PIC ADDED**** 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 75 Axle upgrade ***PIC ADDED****
got my center section back and my 35 spline axles in the mail.. Assembled the axle and mocked up the rear brakes.. 92 Suzuki sidekick 4 door rotors, monte carlo calipers and diy4x brackets.. will be setting my pinion angle soon...

Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Huh, that is an interesting combination of brake parts. Never heard of that one!

I see the FW 9" is 5-lug. Are you leaving the front 8-lug or...?

Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Im gonna redrill the hubs and rotors to 5 5 5

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was able to get the pinion angle set today, Most of the brake lines are setup waiting on some brackets, Both disc brakes are on and I clocked them up a little to keep them out of the rocks. I will weld on the wrap trap next and final weld all of it this week. Give it a coat of paint and be done with the Rear :)

Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

angle looks good in the pics, have any problems? pretty straight forward? 21.7 close to the others.. only 1.7 off and with a 2-3 degree error on some of those angle finders.. looks good.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Pretty easy. Really like my rear disc setup..that went super slick

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Is it setup for an e-brake?

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No I want a line lock anyway.... I haven't used a e brake for years.... Eldorado calipers I believe will work for a e brake

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great Progress!!

Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I want this crap done

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Update.....

I got the front axle back and I have ordered more parts... I will post pic soon

Ordered axle from dutchman
5 lug hubs from blackbirds
Blackbirds brake brackets and rotors
Decided to go to a bushings on the axle housing
the rear is done except finish welding..

Trei

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I ordered a axle from dutchman for the long side.
Brakes came from blackbirds.. 5 lug
Radius arms are going in and Im hoping to be done in a month or so

Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I can see the finish line and it looks great from here

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Rear is done front is close to being done

Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:23 pm

looks good. Gonna hit indy before it closes?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i want to do spring creek as a shake down run.Still have to install power disc brakes, new ps pump from redneck ram, i want to re run my fuel lines, and i want a new aluminium radiator.. So it will be early April till i can shake her down, also need to do a front driveshaft

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's a lot of work Trei, great job !

She will be ready for Moab ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's great to see you so close!! You've made some leaps and bounds here in a relatively short time.

I am concerned with your anti-wrap bar on the rear. It appears to be solid mounted at both ends? As your springs compress, the move the axle backwards and the shackle allows that to happen. But your wrap bar might stop that. It needs some way to front-back movement (shackle as well) so it doesn't impede the suspension.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's a wh wrap trap has heim at one end and bushings on the other. Jim creel assured me they dont limit travel. He runs one on nightmare. Guess we will see.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The only saving grace I can see is this is setup on the centerline of the axle, where the axis of twist is, so since one tire droops and the other rises, the center will stay pretty much in the same spot. But if you jump this thing, I can see some broken parts for sure. Or even if you are carrying a bunch of weight. Anything that affects ride height will automatically put this system into a bind. How much bind is determined by the load.

I hope it works well for you and I'd like to hear your thoughts. We need to find a ramp where you can test it, then take one end loose and test again. If you happen to do this, take note of how the rubber bushings are compressing.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I smell a GoPro camera opportunity during testing

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have asked Santa for a go pro

Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It would be really cool to see the underbody Go Pro view of this thing as it moves through it's travel while wheeling. I might need to see if I can find an old one on Craigslist for just that purpose. You've made great progress, it's a sweet build.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

LOL, I am thinking the same thing, but I have no use for one now. It appears the tech has come along way where you can start and stop with a remote now? Wonder if that "Underwater" sound has improved. That is the worst part of a GoPro IMO. So you just turn down the volume and get good with adding your own soundtrack I guess! Get one of those extender arms on one. Makes for much better video. Check out this guys stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1alRzZV ... mExdopk99Q Might be better on Mute.

It would be cool to watch what the wrap link does as you flex.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks im really getting antsy to get this thing flexed out

Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool stuff!! Is your frame beefed up where your track bar bracket is? You know what drop brackets do to stock frames.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes all 1/4 steel

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

you will be able to tackle just about anything at Moab with all these upgrades !

Awesome stuff

Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next