[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Black Smoke Donkey
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next
 Black Smoke Donkey 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Black Smoke Donkey
I'm a fan of green, my youngest wants to paint his Camaro green when we get it done.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I quickly mounted one if the seats that Corey grabbed from Jayson (thanks a ton gents) so I could have two passengers on Barbour Fork. It fit nicely, and folds into a good position so I still have a extended bed area. I'll mount the other as soon as I find another footman loop.

Dang picture won't load on my phone, I'll get it loaded at home later.

Also let my youngest steer for a few minutes on a flat section, got to love diesel torque, no pedals required.

http://youtu.be/kC8_iIuAMXE

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sweet man, looks like a pro driving that beast

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Do you plan to have a bench seat as well as the fold up 3rd row seating? That thing is gonna be sweet... would be a perfect hunting vehicle (sans the diesel spooking any animals within a 2 mile radius!)

Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No bench plan as of yet, if I score a fold & tumble it will go in place of the 2nd row buckets. Geez a 6 passenger bronco isn't enough for you, it has to seat 7!?!?! Actually if it seats 7 it'd be able to carry what my wife's exploder does.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I forgot you were putting buckets in place of the bench. That will look good too-- more of a military look! It will also leave room for a beverage cooler between the seats.

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/AR ... MgodU2MAsA

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Picked up an old Warn winch bumper from Don's yard (thanks Corey for the parts run) for a Warn 8274. I'm not a fan of the style, but the winch plate mounting area is really nice, so I cut the side bumpers off and stuffed some 2x4 steel into my frame ends. I was able to get it pretty deep and I'll be able to do at least 2 cross bolts. I also cut down some 2" receiver square tubing to make the angle flange that the plate attaches to. I just need to pick up some grade 8 bolts to finish the install.

Next step will be to make some small nerf style extensions for the sides and triangulate them, I may also repurpose a old pusher bumper that use to be on my Bronco when I first bought it to protect the grill and head light area.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sweet!

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Are you going to shim the gap between the outside of the 2" rectang tube and the inside of the frame ?

I am looking at doing something similar to mine and there is about 1/4" on each side.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks great!

Only...missing the trade mark Kirk hocky pucks/tree savers :)!

Well done!

Matt

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think they're bumper nipples.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Kirk - your steel looks pretty stout already, but you might consider putting something inside them to keep them from crushing when you tighten down your thru-bolts. That way you can get the proper sandwich effect on the frame.

How much clearance do you have between the rear of the winch and the grill? You can cut off the horns and get that winch to tuck in tighter. Can you raise it any? With a longer wheel base, you are more likely to nose into the ground on a steep descent. My winch sits on the same plane as the top of my frame. But on my first bronco I had, may have been the same Warn winch bumper and that thing was in the way as it was so low and stuck out so far.

It's easy to be an arm-chair fabricator :-)

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't mind the feedback, I seek it, especially when it's good. I've not considered sleeving the tube, I'll look into it as I also want to sleeve the trans mount. I did consider mounting it higher, but it will stick out the same amount. I left less than an inch between it and the grill and with my body lift I'm getting more flexing than before so I need the space. If I move it higher I could cut the tubes at an angle, I'll take some measurements and see how that would affect my approach / departure angles.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Black Smoke Donkey
Four buckets!

I also channeled my innermost Phil yesterday and reused a cable end on my winch power connection. The old cable had seen better days but had a desirable end, so I cut off the cable and drilled the end out, filled the little cup area with solder, heated it up and pressed in the new 1 ga cable.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You may have already covered this but how are you doing the rear doors?

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't know if doors are in the plan or not but doors without window frames would be really cool looking on that rig

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Black Smoke Donkey
Yes, doors will be built for the back openings, section and hinged suicide style. Both front & rear doors will have removable frames.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Loaded up the Donkey Cart with around 750lbs and tugged it all over the metro area today. Have I said I love my diesel yet?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I saw you on C-470 near Kipling.You seemed to have a crap eatin grin on.Awesome

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Combined wheelbase = 478 inches. :-)

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Kinder, amazing job!! Looks great and love that trailer!

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So when are you going to mass producing the trailers? I'd like to get on that list...

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's an expedition/overland rig if I've ever seen! I love it!

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Black Smoke Donkey
Geo & kbank, check out the link, it's the build thread on my trailer. It was a project of "firsts" for me; welding, cutting, sheet metal work, suspension, etc. There are still a few loose ends on the trailer to finish, but it has been yanked all over mountains and performed well.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67

Just wait until I set the camper on and then things are going to get crazy with the overland / expo theme.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Worked on the soft top puzzle today, pretty straight fwd. I have the extra bows & window frames from my white STC top, plan to have the small front section professionally extended. I'll need to make the between the doors pieces; bow mount/bracket, spacer for the door frames and a tie in piece along the top to stabilize it.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next