[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Smog Pump
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 3:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Smog Pump 

Post Smog Pump
Hello,

New to the forum and to the area (Fort Collins). I brought my 76 to get emission tested today and was told I need to have a smog pump. Can anyone help me with finding the parts. I also need to identify if my heads are actually 76 bronco heads so I can run the pump to them etc.

OR....

What else can I do to get around this if possible?

Thanks,
Joe

Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Smog Pump
There is at least one factory '76 Bronco in the club, owned by 76fordbronco. Hopefully he'll post up some info about how his system is routed. We also see a few late 70s trucks in the junkyards around here so you should be able to source the parts needed to hook the system back up.

I believe you can search on the casting number that is stamped on the heads, or there may be a port on the heads that'll ID them them as smog heads.

Don't forget to post up some pics of your ride.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Smog Pump

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was at Anderson's salvage today and I thought I saw a 70's van and truck.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:19 pm

you can also do as landshark does on his 76. If the heads dont have the emissions port on them plumb the pump into the exhaust with a check valve. And make sure you have a catalytic converter on there too.

welcome to Colorado.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:31 am

Thanks Guys. They actually said I didn't need the cat. Only the pump. I also need to re-jet the carb since it is running rich and not burning all of the fuel. Funny thing is it feels like it is running well.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:15 am

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i might have the brackets to mount the smog pump on an early 302 but I dont have a smog pump for the skinny belts...

I live in denver and have the same problem with emissions and my 76, funny thing is they told me i had to have a cat.. the are so inconsistent... but i have passed two years in a row so hopefully i pass next month, but iam not holding my breath

in any case i dont have emissions heads as iam running an explorer efi setup with the explorer serpentine front accessories... as Zoso mentioned i'm running a smog pump into a check valve right before the cat, its essentially working the same way if you plumped it into the heads. Hopefully you wont have to swap heads and get away with just running a line to the exhaust but again those emissions guys dont know which way is up.

You can pull eveything out of an early 70's car/truck from the junkyard that you need for the smog pump, check valves and brackets

if you want to go back to a total factory setup, i think i have all the plumping that you need for a 1976 stocker, there is allot of plumping on these from the factory and I had to piece it together a few years ago

heres a picture from cb.com but its missing a few key parts even.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks, I actually had seen those parts on CB.com. He wants $100 for them and still has them. If if could find a pic of it all set up on a 302 I could figure out what is missing and if I can mate it to my truck.

On mine they said no cats just pump because the manual only indicated pump. So...who knows :)

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i might have all those parts minus pump... let me know if you want me to dig them out

Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:02 am

Hey Guys, I've been busy and haven't been able to get this done. If anyone has Heads, pump, plumbing I would surely be interested. Please let me know. I've got to get this thing legal!

Thanks,
Joe

Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]