[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 1970 bronco uncut suspension lift
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 1970 bronco uncut suspension lift  
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 1970 bronco uncut suspension lift
I have been working on my bronco this winter. I just installed a viper built C4.( it is great) I am installing front disk brake conversion next weekend. I am looking at installing a new lift in the bronco and wanted to get opinions on what I should install. I am thinking the wild horse 3.5 (http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Pr ... teinShocks) or 4.5 (http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/sy ... Shocks_4in). My bronco is pretty much stock so I am not sure of the other parts I am going to need with these lifts. Also what size tires can I fit under this thing with the lift. I am thinking between 31 and 33. I know they need to be skinny because of the uncut fenders.

I am wanting a bronco that I can drive daily and use it hunting/off road when I want to. I do not do crazy off roading but I might have to try it out.

Here is a pick of the bronco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 1970 bronco uncut suspension lift
My suggestion would be a 2.5" lift - rear 11 leaf spring pack out back - front Deaver coils, bilstein shocks, 7 degree radius arm wedges.

For a DD your probably not going to want to go too high, it just gets to be a pain getting in and out.

BTW you can still fit 31's with a 2.5 litft.

I run the above on my 76 Lubr, I think its perfect for a DD

Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I totally agree with Landshark.

If you want a daily driver with some occasional road / back road driving................keep it low and stable. Steering and handling will be much better this way.

Nice looking rig !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Also in agreement. You don't want to go taller than 3.5" for sure! And if you're rolling bigger meats, you see some fairly severe side effects in the gearing side of things...

Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Brianut is rocking a LUBR as well, I think he went 2.5" and he has done some aggressive trails. So you don't need a big lift to run big trails.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Unless you're looking to lift it for looks, I'd be tempted to wheel it some and see what you enjoy. If you can do the trails you like without a lift, then keep it stock height and just run some larger, more aggressive tires. You can go up to about 30" with no lift. Otherwise I'll second (fifth?) the feedback everyone else has already given. The other perk to staying a little lower (sub 3.5") is that you don't have to modify much else to make it work. Above that number you get into track bar alignment issues and other things that need correcting.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys I think I will go with the 2.5 lift for what I am going to use if for.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

late here, but running WH 3.5 with 33x10.5 BFGs and just put 1" of Body lift but that was to help with my recent zf5 install.
you will start rubbing if you push it hard. I would consider maybe a 3.5 and 31 or 32" tires and that would keep the rubbing to a minimum.

I am going waaay further than i expected with mine but thats the same ol story with us Bronco owners, I still like the look of mine and the looks i get from people when pushing it through tough stuff

good luck

Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

With regards to the dropped bracket for the track bar to realign the front axle, I am using Tom's adjustable track bar. I wasn't secure with the idea of the stress that a dropped bracket would put on the frame and the angles wound up being parallel with the drag link which I believe is the idea, right? This is with a Duff 3.5" lift. Here is a pic:

Duane

1968 U15 289 3spd Original, uncut, desert patina & my daily driver!

Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That angle looks good.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1968 U15 289 3spd Original, uncut, desert patina & my daily driver!

Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So I was looking into tires and I think if I go with 32 or 33 10.50 I will need new rims. What back spacing is needed if I go that wide of a tire?

Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:52 am

A 10.5" will fit on a stock steel wheel but it's a tight fit. I like the look of the older stock Ford aluminum rims, here's my trail LUBER with late 70's Ford slot 7" wide mags on it. I've also modified a set of late model Dodge 17" steel wheels to fit thay almost have to much back spacing. I'm running 3.5" and a 1" body lift right now but in the past I ran a 2" with a 245/75/16" tire and it was a very nice fit. Thinking about moving up to a 34/10.5/17" swamper this summer but I really need to get my buggy project done and stop running the LUBER on the nasty trails.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I run a 3 1/2" lift on 30" tires. I personally like the stance. Not too tall not too short, just right. I posted pics of it on Facebook and got a lot of questions on what I was running.

Gunnibronco on the left, mine on the right.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]