[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Lift question
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Lift question 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Lift question
I want to run 35s on 15x8s. Which is better a full 5" lift or a 3.5" lift with 2" body lift? Any help would be great.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:58 pm
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Lift question
3.5" suspension only is more than enough. 35s on 5+" of lift looks a little off to me. Plus the lower the better for stability. I'm at about 4.5" of lift on 37s and want to go lower still.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have 3.5 inch and a 2 inch body lift and I like it. Everything is easy to work on underneath. Some of the problems with body lift are body roll, gaps between the bumpers and body, the radiator will need to be lowered or your fan shroud could hit the fan, you will need a longer steering shaft. That being said I still like the way mine looks and drives and I will clear 35's with no issues.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll echo crawler's thoughts. I'm planning to run 37's and currently have 3.5" of suspension lift with 2" of body lift. Once my truck is back together I'll put on tires and see how everything mocks up. I'd like to be able to drop to a 1" body lift if possible, but it may take some sheet metal trimming.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I love my 3.5" SL and 2" body. Also plan to go with 37's soon with no additional lift, so some body massaging with be in order.

Suspension lifts raise the center of gravity considerably, but they are generally necessary for bigger tires.

Body Lifts leave the bulk of the weight alone so the COG isn't affected too much.

For off and on road, you want stability, so it seems that 3.5"SL and 2" body is probably the most popular for that reason.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've ran 35's on a 3.5" lift for over a year, minor rubbing on the inner fenders, just roll the edge in and you'll be good. I plan to step up to 37's sometime this summer and they should fit fine with my 2" body lift I added for my diesel swap. I cut out the inners and went 1" square tube up front so I'll have plenty of room there, out back I'll likely do some trimming so I don't rub when stuffed.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

4 wheel steering Kinder! that what youll need to trim that rear for.. sorry for the hijack bronc.....

Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Running 35" on somewhere between 0 and 2.5" lift and no body lift. Fixed rubbing issues last weekend so I can even traverse parking lots and their ever shrinking spaces. I'll be at the breakfast on saturday if your coming you will have plenty to look at from what I've seen of the RSVPs.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]