[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Black Smoke Donkey
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next
 Black Smoke Donkey 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Black Smoke Donkey
Thanks. Talent, not so much, but I'm learning. Gumption, yeah that I've got.

I've got both plates and I've registered them under the YOM process so I run them legally.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Pulled the camper and doors a few days ago, maybe a day or two early since we've had snow fall, doh. I also slapped in some door inserts, the rear openings need a little more work, they are too tight for adults. I started refitting the soft top, I had planned on just extending the top but now I may go in a slightly more strange direction, targa top. I'll have to work out attachment and how to weather seal the front section, this is in the raw mockup stage so be gentle.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Iam sure you already thought of this but why not but a hard top section on the front? you could put two fronts together or chop a rear and front.. would seal and you would get those soft doors to fit pretty well I would think as well.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I might have a solution for you.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Comes with free patina.No extra charge.Fits right in with yer motife.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had the same thought. A partial hard top seems like a perfect solution.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like the Half-cab idea as an option when the camper isn't in place and for during the winter. But I think an acre sized Safari top would be sweet! You could install roll-up windows and to seal at the front, do as the stock ones do. Just sew in a piece of rope that slides into the channel on the header.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Black Smoke Donkey
Picked up the fiberglass half can from Jay the other day and started mocking it up.

1st pic is the top roughly cut to size and just sat on the window frame so I could get an idea of what I needed to mod.

2nd pic is after a bit of trimming and resizing the fiberglass section and adding a third bow just behind the front attachment point. I shortened the middle bow and raised the rear bow, I was trying to improve the line and look. The front bow is to improve the seal area between the two.

I still need to permanently attach the front bow and build a latch system for the targa section. But it's drivable right now, woohoo.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That looks really, really good.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks awesome! Nice work and when does the patent come out!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

BSD back to work, pulled the pop up out for the 1st time this season, ready to get the family out camping.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

were you going down 285 the other day? I think I saw you or a rig like you.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was cruising around that area last week, so it could have been me. I don't know of another Bronco that looks like mine around here, it's pretty distinctive, you could even call it ugly.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It makes fugly look cool.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I check out truckcampermagazine.com every so often and I just happen to send in a reply to their question of the week a while back. They had a lot of replies and you can check out BSD when it was just a Colt near the bottom of the page. Back then it was just the Dirty Donkey, pretty funny seeing it so small .

http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/week ... own-part-2

Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice! smokin

How is road tripping in the Bronco with the family? I'm not worried about my 3yr old son and myself sitting in a loud and hot truck going down the road, but my wife and younger son may be a different story.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Oh my wife doesn't come along on the long trips, she does like wheeling for the day. I screwed up when I bought her a popup, she'll never go back to the tent.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's the truth. We bought a small popup in preparation for my 2nd son. It's been nice and small enough to tow up some tight trails.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Black Smoke Donkey
Finally started working on my back doors, at least the soft doors, the real rear doors will have to wait until fall. I picked up Brett's old Kayline doors a while back and as the hip kids say they are getting "rebooted."

Kind of hard to see the wire frame for the lower & upper frame in the third shot. I modeled them after the two piece doors on the front and reused everything that I cut down somewhere else on the frame. I'm also reusing the skins and they'll be cut and fit in two pieces. I have a gap between the two top frames that will be filled with another custom panel, again made from the old Kayline door hardware and skins. I need to find two handles that match the front doors, shouldn't be too hard since the front doors are still produced.

Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks pretty good! too bad you cant just join the fiberglass together in the center - or maybe you could?

Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

suicide soft doors that's gotta be a first!

Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I found some similar handles at Layton truck shop in the 'Springs.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Those look perfect.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind modifying my tube doors to accept something like that.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Those door handles are Jeep Wrangler handles up until about 2006.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

cool doors. What a good idea.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Black Smoke Donkey
Installed my aux tank, plumbed as a transfer tank since the diesel uses a return line like EFI. Now it's time to work out some sliders.

With over 20 gal on board my range should exceed 500 miles.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm forgetting what the capacity of factory tanks are, but is that what you're using?

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next