[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Rear brake rotor help
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Rear brake rotor help 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Rear brake rotor help
So I noticed this rotor this morning and don't think I'll get another 10k miles out of it so I need to replace it. I've got manual brakes with discs at all 4 wheels. Was hoping someone can point me in the direction of where to get new rotors since obviously these aren't OEM being a '72. It looks like the 9" was converted to big bearing as well... wasn't sure if the rotors had part numbers on them somewhere or not. Thanks as always... think I figured out why my breaks suck.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 01, 2014 8:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Rear brake rotor help
Goodness! well, there seems to be lots of options on rotors with the WH or TBP. Most kits are GM you can probably just remove your rotor and take it to a decent parts house and get it matched. as well as pads etc etc.... look at Wild Horses kit installation instructions it has a list of replacement parts.
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Re ... ge_bearing

Thu May 01, 2014 9:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Depends on the kit that was installed. If it is a BC kit, they use 87 Jeep CJ front rotors that have to be machined out. Good luck finding the right ones. Also, put hydroboost on that if you've got power steering. It will make your life a whole helluva lot easier.

Thu May 01, 2014 10:25 pm

That looks like the kit on my 79. It's a TSM kit. Made here in colorado. Maybe contact them

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon May 05, 2014 6:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

As Zoso said It was a TSM kit... Had to drive to the wilderness outside castlerock from thornton to get them but it's back together and I've never been happier with my brakes. I only hope this thread is handy for the next person so they are not awake for 58 hours leading up to a Math test, trying to get their ride back together.

Tue May 06, 2014 11:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

TSM Replacement and Additional Parts
(2) 78-83 Chevelle, Monte Carlo, El Camino, Malibu, Tempest, Cutlass, F-85,
Pontiac Grand
Prix, Le Mans, GTO, Grand Am, Bonneville
(2) 79-85 Eldorado, Riviera, Toronado. 80-85 Seville with emergency
brakes on the calipers. Rear calipers with parking brakes, pads, and
mounting screws.

WILD HORSES Replacement and Additional Parts
2 78-83 Chevelle, Monte Carlo, El Camino, Malibu, Tempest, Cutlass front calipers (non e-brake)
2 79-85 El-Dorado, Riviera, Toronado. 80-85 Seville (E-brakes on the calipers) Rear calipers

Zoso was right but, TSM's kit is the same as wild horses as far as replacement parts. (GM) So, with the info above you can go to the local parts store and get your rotors, pads etc. save yourself that trip next time.....

Wed May 07, 2014 9:14 am

John those are the same calipers. Wild horses probably sells the TSM kit. I got mine from broncograveyard. The rotors are a jeep rotor. Not sure on the year or model. Some do need to be bored out to fit the axle flange.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed May 07, 2014 9:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Take it off take it to TSM in castle rock.im sure they will have one

Wed May 07, 2014 3:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed May 07, 2014 6:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Went through napa's big book of brakes and nothing fit over the 7" axle. The guy at TSM said its a rotor they make from scatch. Log story short wife took it to 5th gear in Broomfield for pads a while back and they put a pad in backwards so metal on metal destroyed the rotor. TSM seems to make everyone's rear disk kit. A bit of a drive but nice meeting those guys so a worth while trip, and now she stops better than our 4 runner so I'm happy. Hope this thread saves the next guy some time and headache.

Tue May 20, 2014 2:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mind if I ask how much a rotor was? I remember replacing my rotors a while back and taking the pads to the sander to get them to fit. Then I learned of the CJ rotors, but might be better get some from TSM.

Tue May 27, 2014 7:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I replaced both... think they were $80 a peice If I remember correctly. The CJ rotors were too small for what I had but these fit perfect and they are made to be correct. I'm happy with them

Tue May 27, 2014 10:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]