[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Breakfasts
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Breakfasts 

What time should the CCB breakfasts be?
8:00, because I'm old and get the Julie reference 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
9:00, because I'm lazy and don't have small children 63%  63%  [ 19 ]
Something else, because I'm contrarian 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Bacon 27%  27%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 30

Breakfasts 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Breakfasts
I'm not a morning person, and despite my role as CCB's Julie it was not my bright idea to put the breakfasts at the bottom-crack of dawn on a Saturday. You've got some choices. Please feel free to voice an opinion if you want something not listed.

CCB exists as a place for the Bronco Brethren to hang out and talk about the irrational passion that is Early Broncos. The breakfasts have been the most consistent, central vehicle for getting to do that. We've gotten a bunch of new members over the last year or two and there is a desire to see what works best for everyone. Please chime in!

Also, we're going to be getting away from Golden Corral. The food sucks and it's way more fun to eat at locally owned, mom-and-pop greasy spoons. We're also shooting to get breakfasts on a more regular location rotation so that it's easier for everyone to plan. I'm updating the Events sticky in the staging area with the locations for the rest of the year if you want to plan ahead. If you've got a favorite place that has a decent parking lot and enough space to host 20+ people please post it up so we can look at it as an option. Please note that individual checks are not always possible, so it helps if you can bring cash.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Breakfasts
Justin - you must have done polls in the past. No poll is valid without a Bacon option! So of course it got my vote.

But FWIW, 9:00 seems ok, especially if you want to entice those from out of town to drive in. From where I lived, getting to denver by 8 would mean getting up before 6am. An extra hour sure is nice, and I'm even a morning person!

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

9:00, especially as fall and winter hits as the sun and warmth that it provides will help

Also, perhaps some afternoon or early evening meets would be nice.

And I was thinking just last night as I drove home... (Good thing traffic was sparse). A fall colors run.

Second week in September is generally considered peak. I would lead but right smack dab in the middle of bow season, if my freezer isn't full, I will be out trying to fill it

And I am one of those morning folk (posted at 4;31am half an hr before the alarm goes off)

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Another vote for 9 am.

This one from a morning person with lazy kids.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

9 works for me. I see we are currently at 5 votes for 9am and 1 vote for bacon. I should have voted bacon!

Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think I remember you describing beer as liquid bacon. Oh yeah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What about an option for lunch? We could do more meetups at the Platte Bar @ 11.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:33 am
VENDOR
VENDOR

I voted for 9 for breakfast but like the idea of an early lunch too. Like the previous post said.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:51 am
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Breakfasss in a bottle.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

[quote="76fordbronco"]I think I remember you describing beer as liquid bacon. Oh yeah!

maybe! LOL

Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:15 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

I'm going to vote 9:00, only because there is no 10:00 with a side of bacon option.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like early because of how crowded places get after 9. Also meeting early leaves lots of time the rest of the day to do other stuff to the bronco :)

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I vote 9 too. I think it would encourage more people to travel to wherever it is at.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So far 9a with a side of bacon is winning...still time to vote!

Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Any plans on coming up North at all?

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yup. Every third one is scheduled at Johnson's Corner. You know you need a cinnamon roll the size of your head.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I for one like the 9:00 time as well. It gives me time to get "MINI ME" up and ready to face the world (a couple cups of coffee for me) so he's not cranky.
I would like to add, Thank you for going away from the Buffet style dinning, never been a fan of them.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:04 am

I'll be in attendance. Can't wait o meet some of you, anyhow Rudy's does have pretty good breakfast burritos.

Web

Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]