[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Elect 101 for this dummy! :)
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Elect 101 for this dummy! :) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Elect 101 for this dummy! :)
Good morning guys! I have a question.

1968 Bronco. New Centech harness installed a little over a year ago. All stock except I installed a 3 gauge cluster for oil/temp/volts. The original gauges in the speedo are not used. Stock alt and points dizzy. New voltage reg. Now, a new battery.

I have had a draw. 3 amps registering on my volt meter. Didn't realize it at first till I finally killed my battery. Appeared to be intermittent. It would kill my battery after sitting 3 days or be OK for a month. Finally after replacing the battery and finding the new one dead again I began looking for a draw.

Disconnected the negative batt cable. 3 amps between the neg and post. Began puling fuses, one at a time. Still a draw. Called Centech. Very nice peeps. They asked that I disconnect the alt, in case a diode or something was bad. Still had the draw. They mentioned that EVERYTHING is fused except the hot wire that loops through the original amp gauge and continues to the fuse box. I then found I had USED that wire to pick up power for my aftermarket tach. BINGO! I found the issue. Disconnected that wire and excitedly checked to make sure the draw went away. Well, here is where I need your opinions/guidance.

I still read a draw between the neg cable and post, only now, as the meter probes are on the cable and post the draw lowers to about .09. Lift the probes, wait maybe a minute and re-touch, there's the draw but again it begins to lower.

Is this normal? This is where I am stymied.

Duane

1968 U15 289 3spd Original, uncut, desert patina & my daily driver!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Elect 101 for this dummy! :)
90 mA is not too bad. Maybe radio memory. Probably take a month to kill the battery. Pull the fuses again and see what it is.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Elect 101 for this dummy! :)

1968 U15 289 3spd Original, uncut, desert patina & my daily driver!

Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]