[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Where to go camping?
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Where to go camping? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Where to go camping?
I need to get out of this city. I am no city boy and I am needing time in the woods to get my sanity back. Sadly, I am missing out on another hunting season...killing me!
Denver is like water to my fire. I sure would love to find a good job in a small country town again.

I am having trouble finding a place to go camping, away from all the people.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I usually hike off the beaten path to go camping, but with an infant, I prefer to car camp. Anywhere under a 5 hour trip? Any suggestions?

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Where to go camping?
What kind of car?

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Even though I live in the middle of nowhere, I still avoid camping & backcountry trips into popular areas. I know its a long haul, but it seems anything west of Monarch Pass & south of HWY 50 is crowd free. I stay away from Taylor Park & Crested Butte until after tourist season.

Lake City is beautiful and after the middle of August mostly empty. Check out my Engineer & Cinnamon Pass pics from last week, in the "Staging Area". Your 4 Runner could do the whole trip I made.

Creede is awesome, but probably too far away.

Let me know if you are interested in coming down in this area. I'm happy to lend my advice.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Loch Lomond and Chinns Lake are both spots that take about 1.5 hours to get to from Denver and are my go to for the backcountry/car camping trip. Both have hiking, fishing, and great views. You are gonna see other people up there so it's not "off the grid" but you can usually find a camping spot that will keep you away from the neighbor. Good luck and have fun-- if you haven't been in CO for a labor day weekend, the mountains get pretty hectic no matter where you venture.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thank you Eck and Gunni! I will look into those areas! I figured the mountains would be crazy during the holiday weekend. Not planning on heading there this weekend. Maybe taking a day or two off another weekend and heading out. I will let you all know where I decide! Can't wait to get away!

Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think you probably have to travel a bit from Denver during the summer, not so far in the fall. I was just in Evergreen this weekend, lots and lots more people than what I see even when it's crowded here on the Western slope.

J.E.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You are describing exactly why I got into wheelin'. Small town boy came to Denver for school, got stuck there for a good job, but needed to get away from the crowds and the rest is history. I have a list somewhere I was compiling, so let me see if I can dig that up.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thank you all so much for the advice and information! Truly helped this small town country boy out! Would love to see you all out there one of these times! Definitely hit me up if you all plan on heading out anytime soon.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]