[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Weiand Spreadbore Intake
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Weiand Spreadbore Intake 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Weiand Spreadbore Intake
Afternoon everyone,

I am considering a Q-Jet 4bbl upgrade instead of FI at this point and time. BC Broncos has a nice set. Their tech line mentioned that there was a Weiand intake for the SB Fords with a spreadbore opening.

Anyone recall the model so I can scour the interwebs?

Duane

1968 U15 289 3spd Original, uncut, desert patina & my daily driver!

Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:14 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post Re: Weiand Spreadbore Intake
You were running Mass-Flo correct?

You should come see me for an hour or 2 this weekend before you spend the coin on a carb setup. I might be able to tune all of your troubles away. No charge if I can't, simple gratuity if I can.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:36 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

Oops, I'm getting members / Broncos confused again.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Duane, all the cool kids are going exploder EFI, join in.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

All pieces, including front dress can be had for under 500 in the yard.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah I know but still thinking simplicity and durability. Think being in the middle of South America... :)

Duane

Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Are you running a 302 or 351? I am swapping in an EFI setup on mine and have an intake and Holley 670 Truck Avenger carb I am gonna sell. It's off of a 351 so I don't think the intake would work if you have a 302. Carb would still work if interested. Both have about 500 miles on them. Let me know if you're interested.

-Mike

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just put on my Q jet with a new Holly spread bore intake manifold. I really like it, no issues going up the big steep hills here in GJ. It just runs really good offroad and on.

I know there's a big push to go EFI, but I like the carb for the same reasons you are wanting to have one too.

J.E.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a used intake that is based off the dual plane performer. Its a knock off but worked well yours if you want it. Just let me know.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Which Holley intake?

Duane

I have a Holley Street Dominator. I bought it from Carburators Unlimited as well as my Q-jet. The Q-jet ran perfect from him with zero tweaking.

Give this guy a call, he was always happy to talk with me, answer any questions and has been doing this for 30 years. 623-388-0990 or http://www.carburetorsunlimited.com/

J.E.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I believe you can argue simplicity for a carb setup, but I'm not sure there is a durability difference. Sure there are things on EFI that can fail, but the same applies to a carb setup. With EFI you gain continuous adjusting according to atmospheric conditions and therefore it runs better all the time, increased fuel economy, etc. Yes, you do get some electronics that can fail, but spares are fairly small and easy to carry. I'm also sure you don't have to change out your whole motor, just dress it up a bit. The electronics part of it are over my head, so I have a fear there, but we have some awesome folks on our team that can get you setup with the right stuff the first time.

There is always uber simple, propane injection. But fuel storage is the big issue there.

It has been a long time since I've messed with carbs, but I don't miss it one bit! I love walking out to my bronco on baking hot days or sub zero mornings, priming the fuel pump and she fires after a second of cranking and stays running!

I'm sure a fair bit of us have seen this happen before and in the end, most of the guys end up with EFI anyway. Just trying to save you the trouble, money and intermediate step!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll be going EFI at some point, as I want the reliability and functional improvements, but I have to admit that I like the retro vibe of a carb. There is just something cool about running 1970s tech on a '70s rig.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Don't know if this is what your looking for but I have one.Let me know if your interested.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]