[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - New to Broncos
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 New to Broncos 

Post New to Broncos
Hello all,

I'm new to EBs, but I've worked on plenty of Fords in my life. I recently picked up a 72 EB for what I feel is a good price but it is in need of some serious attention. I would like to do a resto mod with this since the original engine/tranny has already been replaced. My first, of what will be many, questions is where are the problem areas when it comes to an EB body? There is some rust on the inner fenders towards the back that I was told is pretty common but I'm wondering where else I should look? Since I'm not a body guy, I'll probably be looking for a body shop when the time comes for paint and body work so any suggestions for those in the Grand Junction area would also be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob

Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: New to Broncos
Well you found the right place. Welcome!

Rusto-Mod's are not uncommon and the common rust areas are:

Inner fenders towards the firewall
Rockers
Floor pans both driver and passenger
tailgate

Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome to the club. Let's see some pics of the new Bronco.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm in Grand Junction too and bought my Bronco last year.

Want to meet up for coffee with the Broncos?

J.E.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome! post up some pics please! another common area for rust is the hood bump stop mounts.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:13 am

Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:31 am

Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That seem is a common area for rust. The body caulk that was used in the 70s was a terrible product and it allowed a lot of moisture in the inner body panels. All the Broncos expect one which never had the hard top off had that rust. It's a hard one to get rig of too unless you separate the two panels and clean it good. Welcome to the world of Broncos.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Let me know when you want to meet up.

J.E.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome to the club. Rust is common... have alot of work to do in that department myself.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]