[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Bronco Safari 2015 - Moab, UT
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Bronco Safari 2015 - Moab, UT 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Bronco Safari 2015 - Moab, UT
Just saw this on Facebook today. The official dates are April 29th to May 2nd. I know some of you guys like to get campsite reservations pretty early so here you go.

I'm planning to go but will most likely camp off the grid like I have in the past. Last year there was some talk of people looking at renting a house like Scott did last year.

Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Bronco Safari 2015 - Moab, UT
I'm planning on this trip. Definitely

Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just requested the time off work yesterday to attend.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd love to go and I'll start working my schedule now to make it.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't get to go this year.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hmmmm, shakedown run in moab....

Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So I have never went to Moab before. Do I need anything special like a permit ?

Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are part of Bronco Safari, you don't need any extra permits. There are some trails that require a fee, but that is all covered by your Bronco Safari registration.

The Utah Bronco Club does a great job organizing the event.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd like to go to Moab this year. But I'm not sure I'll make it at this point. I'm going to see how my rebuild goes after my house gets done, and I spend some days snowboarding. But I'm not going to be pushing myself like crazy to get there, I'm just too burned out from my house remodel to make a plan like that.

If there are enough people interested in a condo, I'd really like that option. The comfort of a home (with a garage) would be worth the money, especially since it was similar to the RV camp spots we had last year.

If there are not enough people to get the condo, I'll probably camp out of the back of my F250 with Eck. If that is ok Mike.

Again, this is not 100%, and I'll make the decision to register at a later date.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm in the same boat. I really want to make it, but unless I take time off work I'm likely not going to have my rig done in time. I'd be 100% interested in the condo option, even if it meant sleeping on the floor in a bag. I like camping, but it'd be nice to have a decent base to work from.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You guys are killing me, how am I suppose to find motivation in posts like that?

Gunni, if I headed your way to give you some wrenching time would it change your tune?

Justin, same question?

My schedule is going to open up soon, 3 days on, 4 days off.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Kirk, you rock! I wouldn't say no, and it would give us a chance to build a jig, too.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Gunni, if you need help I'd be willing as well. Never been to gunnison....

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sounds awesome. It's a plan.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:34 pm

Im out this year. Money is falling short for play time and what time I am gonna have I plan to go to ouray/ silverton for a week in august.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am not going to make it this year. A few weeks in New Zealand and a new car cut into the budget a little but the timing just isn't great really. I can highly recommend you guys look into a VRBO. My uncle and I split one last year and it was wonderful. Worked out to being just over $400 total each for the 8 nights we were there. It was 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, recently remodeled, cable tv, gas grill, full kitchen, etc. It couldn't be beaten after a long day on the trails. I can look up the info on the exact place we stayed if anyone is interested. It was very close to the arena and where Scott Barnes stayed. I would recommend booking it soon though. If I recall correctly I booked it in December 2013 for last year's safari.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm on the fence... Have the time off, bronco should be done, wife is cool with going. Just nervous about no seat time and not sure I want debut it in Moab. Might just plan some wheeling around here. That a long ways (not to mention the $$$) to break.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So my plans on going to this are also up in the air. I had a "mishap" with my engine and need to tear into the top end of it to check the status of my camshaft. If I can get that done and put a few hundred miles on it before Moab, I am definitely going. I am just not sure how much time I will have and how much time it will take to get it fixed...

Stay tuned!

Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Took the time off to go. I'm guessing there is about a 10% chance my rig will be ready in time, but I figure I'll have a couple of days off to work on it if I don't wind up in Moab.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make it to Moab either. But I too will have the week off. I'm thinking a local camp/ wheeling trip somewhere semi-local

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm still in... I should have the transfer case and drive shafts done on Big Blue

Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member