[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Lars Bars Build Day/February Breakfast-DATE CHANGE
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Lars Bars Build Day/February Breakfast-DATE CHANGE 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Lars Bars Build Day/February Breakfast-DATE CHANGE
I got that one as well, also one from RuffStuff. It's a good weekend to hit vendors up for discounts since most of them are running King of Hammers discounts. I'm hoping to get a break at work tomorrow to do some calling around. I'm hoping to talk someone into doing better than 15%.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Quick update: I've got feelers out to the various vendors. Ballistic has offered us 10%, which I can likely negotiate to 15%. RuffStuff is pending and will email me with an answer, and I've got a message into Barnes 4WD. I'll let you all know what I find out.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Update: reached out to RuffStuff again. Hope to hear back from them later today. Have not heard back from Barnes, but it's a crazy week for vendors due to King of Hammers. I suspect we'll be using RuffStuff, as they've taken great care of us in the past. I'm planning to submit the order on Monday and will need money by then. Worst case scenario we'll peg the pricing at 15% off retail and I'll work it out with the vendor.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Another update: Heard back from Ruffstuff, we'll be using them as they gave us 15% off. Finalized pricing for everything but the steel tube and have calls out to the local steel yards to get accurate quotes (including Hinton, who is usually cheapest). The Metalcloak joints will be $117 for the pair shipped, and all the Ruffstuff parts (brackets, bungs, jam nuts and bolts) will be much cheaper than I'd thought at $93 including shipping. I'll get everything finalized tomorrow and will post up the final amount needed. I'll be looking to get money from everyone that wants in by Sunday night so that I can put in the order on Monday. I strongly prefer Paypal, but can accept cash if you can get it to me in a timely way. For those of you who want other stuff from Ruffstuff please PM me a list ASAP and I'll get you a quote that includes shipping.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:49 pm

paypal ready when I get a total.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Let me know when and where the steel pick up is, I can use one of the rack trucks from work to pick up full lengths.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Final pricing has been obtained, and the cost breakdown for everything has been added to the original post. Since there is money involved, I've listed the specific pricing for everything along with the totals-please feel free to ask any questions you've got about how it's set up. I'm adding a little money to the Hinton bill to account for the little extra bits that will wind up being left over since we can't order DOM sticks in specific sizes. Billing info and Paypal instructions have also been added to the initial post. If you aren't participating in the group buy and just want to hang out for breakfast, please PM me and I'll shoot you my address. We'd love to host a great turnout, so come hang out! We'll be out annoying the neighbors all day, so feel free to wander in whenever you can make it.

As noted in the initial post, please bring eye protection, hearing protection, and heavy gloves if you're participating in the tech day. If you want to bring grinders or other tools they're 100% welcome, and a backup bottle or two of welding gas would also be appreciated. Welding, plasma and cutting consumables for the day are going to be at least $100 and breakfast burritos are $2/each, so donations for those are appreciated as well. Lunch will be pizza and we may look for a volunteer to run to Costco for the good cheap stuff. Finally, does anyone feel like picking up the breakfast burritos on their way over? I'm happy to call in and pay for the order.

Last but not least: A reminder that you will need to provide your own stock radius arms. Dalli down in the springs has several pairs and he's offered them up at the very reasonable price of $50/pair.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:52 pm

Awesome!!! I'll get you the $$$ paypal'd tomorrow. Oh you still have my radius arms right? you didnt sell em to anyone else?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yup, still have your radius arms. If it works for you to include those $$ in your paypal that'd work great for me. If not that's OK too.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:31 pm

Yep I will do that.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sweet, thanks!

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I hate to do it but I'm going to have to withdraw from the group purchase, the bronco fund is throughly depleted right now. something about helping fund a child living and going to school in Vail, paying for a week in San Deigo for the whole extended family and still recovering from the holidays that seems to have put a damper on my fun money for a little while.

I will still be there to participate and work but building my radius arms will just have to wait for a little while longer

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Greg, no worries! Glad you can still make it out. Mike, you have no idea....

Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm going to try and make this to lend a hand as needed. If I had a bigger generator I could bring it to supply power for a second welder but my 2kw won't do the trick.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:21 am

$$$$ sent.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

$$$$ received.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

payment sent....hope l got the address right.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

PayPal sent

Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got both, thanks! Guys, please do me a favor and put your username in the notes section unless I know you personally. Saves me stalking you through the administrator controls. Quick reminder: I'd like to get the orders placed tomorrow. I've got the day off work, so a little more wiggle room than I'd thought, but want to have parts in hand in time to deal with any potential issues.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:29 pm

Justin you may send out an email early this morning to everyone on the list to get their attention.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did it last night. Everyone is paid up! Will be placing the order today.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Was not able to place orders today-the guy I've been working with from RuffStuff was out. Will be ordering tomorrow.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Quick question,Am I correct in thinking that the stock shock mounts on the radius arms need to be removed?If so I'll take them off now.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We'll need to remove them, but they won't be reused. See pic below for the plan.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Update-The RuffStuff and Metalcloak orders are in, and I just got off the phone with Hinton. Their guy is calling me back to finalize the order this afternoon and we'll be all set. Progress!

Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Confirmed order with Hinton Steel. Assuming the supplier has them in stock, Hinton will have them Thursday.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ruffstuff has shipped!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Getting some prework done.

Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:14 pm

A few small tweeks and the jig should be ready. Gonna be a busy day.

Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next