[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Lars Bars Build Day/February Breakfast-DATE CHANGE
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Lars Bars Build Day/February Breakfast-DATE CHANGE 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Lars Bars Build Day/February Breakfast-DATE CHANGE
Woohoo!

Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Made some good progress today with Kinder, Eck, Toolman and ZOSO. The jig needs a little tweaking and a couple of minor additions, but could be used now if needed. We got most of the kinks worked out of the process, and have one arm mostly built. Good day overall, am looking forward to next weekend. Not sure how many of these we'll get made, but it's definitely going to go much quicker with what we learned today.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looking good! wish I wasn't so broke. I want a set too!

Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good news and bad news. Good news first: The RuffStuff stuff showed up today. I haven't had a chance to go through all of it yet, but have confirmed that the bungs are in the order, so we've got the most critical part. The bad news: I talked to MetalCloak this afternoon since I hadn't gotten a ship notification yet. They told me when I ordered that they had to build some of our joints, but things seemed to be taking a long time. Turns out our receiver forgings are stuck on a boat just off the coast of California due to a Longshoreman strike. We've got a couple of options. First, we can cancel the order and go with something easy like Johnny Joints. Second, we go with fabricated MetalCloak joints, which have the shaft welded to the housing instead of the entire unit being one solid piece. Finally, we can wait. I'm willing to make sure that everyone gets their parts, even if it takes shipping them to you. How do you guys want to roll? I'd rather wait for the forged joints or go with another brand, but am willing to follow the masses. We may be able to split the order and get fabricated joints for those that want them and forged ones for the guys willing to wait. They're supposed to be calling me with an update tomorrow. If we want stuff by Sunday, I'll need to have an answer by tomorrow morning.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm willing to wait for the forged.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll wait for the forged.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

the forged one's sound like they'd be stronger...l'll wait .

Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Another vote for forged.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:14 am

I'll wait for the forged ones as well. It's not like any of us are in need of these arms to install right now.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool, that works. I'll keep this updated as things proceed.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We have DOM! Many thanks to Hockeydad for delivery services! No news from MetalCloak today. I'm hoping to follow up for more info tomorrow if work isn't nuts. At this point it seems deeply unlikely that we'll have anything for Sunday (except snow, grrrr).

Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:07 pm

Is that enough? Looks like were short about 4 sticks. You going to do any preprep before sunday? Like cut those to length?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We need 12 3 foot pieces-36 feet total. Those are 22 foot sticks. We'll be good. Might prep some if I can get my garage tidied up first.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tidying up your garage is pre-work enough!!

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am planning to come hang out a little Sunday morning. Justin can you pm me your address.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:51 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sent. Guys, if you're attending please PM me for my address. Also, if you want burritos please post up your order. We'll have a few extras for stragglers. They come in one flavor: breakfast, but you've got a choice of mild, medium and hot chili. I'll have coffee here and the bringer of burritos is also bringing OJ for you (weird) non-caffeine types.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Justin, thank your lovely wife for letting us invade your home!

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Will do. She's learned to roll with it. Last time Jay came by she said "I think one of your friends is here. A loud truck just pulled up."

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just talked to MetalCloak. It sounds like one of their containers may have made it through. They're also scrounging their assembled arms to see if they have enough spare joints to fill the order. Will is supposed to let me know later today what the outcome is. I'll likely call again Friday if I don't hear anything, and will keep you all updated.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Do we have an idea of how many people are gonna be there? Gonna have a full garage. 9news just said 5-10" snow on saturday and another 3-6" sunday.

As for burritos put me down for 4 halfy's. Thats for me n booger.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We've got me, 5 people building arms, and about half a dozen folks that are likely going to drop in and out. It'll be cozy...

Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Depending on snowfall I may come by and occupy space and drink coffee.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I might come and be Mikes coffee drinking assistant. Please PM me an address.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Done. I'm getting lots of questions about the weather. Kirk and I are still planning to hold this as of now. We'll be watching the weather, but will likely proceed no matter what with whoever can make it. I'm happy to help those that can't, and we may set another tech day down the road if lots of you can't make it. I'll update this Saturday.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:12 pm

well I turned down double time at work on sunday for this so you better not cancel. Even if it's just a few of us.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll be in the garage no matter what!

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

l'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but...one of the arms l plan on using has a
pretty good bend to it. Anybody see a problem with heating it up, and trying to bend it straight?

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next