[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Thursday quick wheeling trip
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Thursday quick wheeling trip 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Thursday quick wheeling trip
I good friend of mine just got a Pubicon and wants to test it out on a mild trail. I suggested Plane Crash up by Middle Saint Vrain. We will probably try to be on the trail by 8:30-9 and be done by 1-2. Post up if your interested or if your names BNC04.

EDITED 6/1
Sorry for the late notice but we're going to explore the "T" into Bunce tomorrow (Tuesday the 2nd) . We're meeting in Lyons at 7:30 at the Stone Cup

Last edited by Gregg on Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat May 23, 2015 5:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Thursday quick wheeling trip
I'm a maybe, depending on if I get my job done Wednesday.

Sat May 23, 2015 7:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Geez, did you read my mind from the other tread! I'm a maybe. Though you might want to check and see if it's open for the season before heading up.

Sat May 23, 2015 9:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm a maybe also

Sun May 24, 2015 6:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun May 24, 2015 7:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Crap!, Sorry , I just got home a couple hours ago from Arizona.

Sun May 24, 2015 10:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm pulling out of the possibility of making this run!

Tue May 26, 2015 8:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Plane crash is still closed as well as MSV. Bounce is open for one mile in but I'm looking for something else in the area. If it's not listed as closed on:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/arp/recre ... rdb5339508
It still may be a crap shoot. We may just go explore.

Tue May 26, 2015 12:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll look for something as well, check Bushducks.com for open / closed status and CO4x4 for trail reports.

Tue May 26, 2015 4:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well... Any plans? Are the trails east of hwy 72 / peak to peak open? Maybe Dry St Vrain or somthing else around that area. Bushducks reported Bunce was open but the date was April, the USFS site says no. How about something a little more south like Switzerland Trail which is super easy but may be a muddy mess and hard to get through.

Wed May 27, 2015 6:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ironclads is not listed as closed but is off of Bunce. We snow bashed it a couple years ago so it could be open.... There is also a trail (2171) that intersects Bunce (towards the middle) that doesn't have a name. We are meeting in Lyons at 7:30 (at the Stone Cup) for coffee and to talk about options. Sorry Kirk that it's so up in the air. Give me a shout if you're coming up. If not, it's always a great place to camp later in Summer...especially if Rox brings a pop-up.

Wed May 27, 2015 11:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We met at the Stone Cup and decided on Ironclads. We went in on Bunce School Road and turned left on 216. We went up, did the small loop, and came back down. It was a prefect small trip. We didn't see any snow and the only mud was at the base before the 216 turn. The majority of the trail was pretty dry. It has mild obstacles and the mediums all had a bypass. I wish I had gone up earlier in the week to fill you in. We are going up again next week to neighboring trails. I'm thinking about the 2171 next time.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 28, 2015 1:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like a quick fun little run to shake the cobwebs out.

Can I also say that your Bronco looks awesome with the full doors on it ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu May 28, 2015 2:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Edited for 6/2

Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We explored the Bunce area and it was fun. Lots of camping spurs and places to shoot. We then went through Camp Dick to Park Creek / Plane Crash since it's open. We had to get back so we turned around at the end of the switchbacks. The trails look good. I'm looking forward to Park Creek and T-33 plane crash. We're thinking a week from this Thursday 6/11. I may even go up on Wednesday for some camping.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]