[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Labor Day Weekend edited
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Labor Day Weekend edited 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Labor Day Weekend edited
When: September 4-7 (Friday-Monday)
Where: Up from Camp Dick
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=243
What: Camping, Wheeling, Hiking, Grilling
Why: Rox is making me face Miller Rock again
Who: CCB

Jeff and I were talking about Miller Rock and when would be a good time to do it. We figured Labor Day weekend would be as good as any to get a good turn-out. I'll go up Thursday pm to grab a site up In Bright Trail. It's a central trail that any truck can make. It also has a big site for a lot of tents and a spectacular view. No water or potty places but the price is right. From there we can hit: Middle Stain Vrain, T-33, Miller Rock, Iron clads, Park Creek. It's 15-20 min from Estes Park or 25 min to Lyons.

Come for all or make a day trip. We can make an itinerary as interest comes in. It's still a ways out but that gives us plenty of planning time.

Cool.
Edited:
Because there is only a few of us going, we changed locations...we are now up a 4x4 trail up from Camp Dick. It's actually the end of Bunce school road. The campsite is smaller but it's a little more foresty. The GPS coordinates are: N 40.08.0964 W 105.30.4644. I was able to call Jeff from the site. The 4x4 trail going up is bumpy and takes 15-20min to get to the campsite. Take your time going up and you'll be fine. Mike, I'd leave the hubcaps behind.

Last edited by Gregg on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Labor Day Weekend
Unless I take the kiddos out of school on Friday, I would most likely come up Saturday morning.

Let me guess........you will have conquered Miller Rock on Friday ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Come heck or high water, my Bronco and I will be there.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I may be down for this one...

Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I hope to. With any luck I'll have the cage extended by then and seat belts in the back.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Smack into archery elk so I'll miss it.
Brett

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd like to think I can get things running in time for this. Being able to do a couple days of wheeling would justify the drive.

I'm a solid prossible.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The kids, dog, and I went up there for a 2 nighter. Lots of space so I'm sure we'll get a spot big enough for all. We had pretty good storms both nights. The 2 concerns were water and biting flies. The flies were only a pain from noon to 5 during the heat of the day but the water was tight because it was so friggin hot. We brought up three gallons and came back with only a couple water bottles left.
Other things to think about:
It takes 15-20 min to get to the main road (to go wheeling, go get supplies...). Axle flipped Pop-ups could make it in but you'd have to stay on a Trail pull out (Gunni). The campsites don't allow motorized vehicles in. We had to walk in about 20 yards with our stuff. There is a small pistol range close by too. The hike to the river was only 1.7 miles but it was steep going down and steeper coming back. We made it 3/4 the way and turned back.
I'll probably go back in a couple more weeks so if you have any questions, post em up and I'll see if I can find and answer.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

To clarify, I'm really looking forward to this trip !

Let's go boys and girls.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Me too, but I think both heck and high water are going to keep me from going. As usual, things are taking longer than I thought they would.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm frantically calling everyone I know begging them to come on this trip.

Lord knows I don't want to be alone in the woods with the Shawnster again.

icon biggin

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I may be down for a Friday-Sunday morning type thing. I need to check with the War Department.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm out. No way I'll be running.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just jokes fellas. I'm still game to go up early, set up camp, and wait for some Broncos to roll in.

Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You're facing the wrong way Chris.

Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:16 pm

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Time to firm up the plan guys........

What are we doing / where are we going ?

Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm in.

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm totally in we camp around Bright Trail and add Pole Hill to the trail list options. However, if the bulk does Buena Vista, I may be able to swing it without the Family.
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=188. The pics look pretty cool.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My wife doesn't want to go to BV

Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm still planning on Buena Vista will update my thread with info. You snuggle bunnies have fun

Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next