[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Max engine temp?
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Max engine temp? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Max engine temp?
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Cooling/

I did some reading there a few weeks ago, lots of good info.

I'd take some time and add block off plates that dam the airflow through the radiator, instead of flowing around the rad. There is a kit from WH, I think, that will block off the upper part of radiator. I'd also seal the radiator directly to the core support with some weather stripping, foam, or rubber. Modern manufacturers do a lot to direct the airflow to the radiators. Some is surprisingly simple, like strips of foam you'd put in a leaky door jamb.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Installed the radiator last night and drove it all day today. Overheating issue no longer. Stayed between 192 and 199 the whole day.

I was however really disappointed in the mounts I bought from Wild Horses. I made them work but they didn't have holes drilled for the rubber mounts to stick into and you can see that the welded bolts for the lower mounts are way off from each other. I made it work but I will be letting them know they are garbage!

ImageImageImage

Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think the lower bolts are supposed to be offset. If mine weren't they wouldn't have fit in the brackets. I suspect they're Drake products with Drake's usual level of quality control. Mine got the job done, but could have been aligned better.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yah- the thing was that the brackets were each different. One was offset and the other was centered. And yes, they were POS Drake products.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

X3...I think they are Drake and the bottom brackets are supposed to be offset. My bottoms worked well but the upper passenger side was off (on both radiators I installed. I think it either has to do with their template or the fact that my Bronco could be off by a little.

Glad to see the radiator helped!

Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Shiny! I'd add the air dams like Gunni suggested, especially on the top of the rad where you have that very large opening.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It would make sense that they'd be offset since they are wider than stock. The 2 I got were so different from each other. I was also more pissed about them having the rubber "nipples" that are supposed to stick out of the metal brackets but there weren't any holes for them. Oh well- at least I didn't have to notch and custom fit them like I've heard other people have had to do.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just cut those little 'nipples' off. They're just a retention device. On an unrelated note: Stop using Fram filters! Especially on your new motor. At a very minimum use a Motorcraft (FL-1A I think). I prefer Baldwin, but that's me.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry Eck. Didn't mean to yell at you for your oil filter choice. Feel free to give me the finger or a good slap .

Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok gotcha. I've already got the hood shocks installed so don't need to worry about the prop rod. You're gonna love the struts!

TOOLMAN- no sweat. I haven't a clue one oil filter over another. Now I know not use the F word!

Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

O'Reilly carries the Motocraft filters. You might pick up a bottle of Red Line Water Wetter while you're there. They claim a potential drop of 20 degrees. Even if it's half that, it's worth the $8.99 or whatever for a little extra capacity on the trail. Red Line is a reputable company, so I doubt it's complete snake oil.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

X2 on Water Wetter

Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, that's a mistake you'll never make again....

Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thumbs up

Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2