[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 9" rebuild tech day?
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 9" rebuild tech day?  
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 9" rebuild tech day?
Lol! Dan moved the shop to Fort Collins a year to two ago.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm happy to host a tech day on this. Still looking for someone knowledgable to offer their abilities in leading. I should have everything ready and wanting to do this by the October breakfast. Not sure where that is supposed to be but maybe we could move it to my place. There is a Santiagos nearby and I could pick up burritos. Or possibly do breakfast nearby and then head over?

So first things first? Any capable volunteers on leading the build? Anyone else think they'll have parts to build one?

Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

October will be the Platte meet and greet, biut that doesn't mean we can't do a tech day too.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 9" rebuild tech day?
I'm cool with that!

Edit: when is the meet and greet? Last post I saw was a tentative 10/3. If so, I won't be able to do that day but I could probably do 10/4 or the following weekend.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 9

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Digger for the win! Thanks Jesse!

1. I have 31 spline axles with axle bearings and seals already installed.

2. I will see about getting a press and tools. I'm guessing we can borrow Justin's press if needed. Anyone have a dial indicator? I have HF torque wrenches so not the best quality. I can always rent some.

3. I don't plan to use crush sleeves. Will be using the shimmable crush sleeve eliminator. If someone else is building one and plans to use the crush sleeve, please let us know so we can plan for it.

I have air tools including dremel, grinder, etc. I also have a full tap, drill, and die set for the ARB.

As soon as we get the Platte River meetup date figured out, I'll put together an event date and time. Digger, I'll finalize your availability as well. Again- thanks for lending me and the club your skills for this one.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You guys are welcome to use my press. I'm hoping to make it.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I can bring a press and the dial indicator, that's no problem. Just needed to know what was available before I load my whole garage into the truck.

Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

"Whole garage" pretty much covered my last tech day.

Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

HERE ARE THE DETAILS FOR THE TECH DAY:

When: October 10th at 9am
Where: Eck's garage (PM an RSVP and I'll give you the address)
What: Digger has graciously offered to lead the build using my 3rd member and parts. If there is anyone that will also be participating with their own rebuild, post up here so we have an idea of how many "work stations" we will need. If we have a few, it'd be helpful if someone additional would be willing to be a knowledgable leader. Also post up here. The plan is to at least get the third member built. If you are wanting to also assemble the axle, we may be able to do that depending on time...

I'll plan to get some breakfast burritos and have coffee so please let me know if you plan to come by so I can have numbers for the burritos. Even if you aren't building one but want to learn, all are encouraged to come!

-Eck

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I might come, but don't have parts that need assembling.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I wish I could come up, I really need to learn how to do this. I have at least 4 axles that will need done in the next few years.

I'll know more about my fall 'workload' after Monday evening.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks, we'll see how things pan out.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re:
You know I'm in with 3rd member in tow. Let me know if I should bring tools.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll be out of town chasing dinner, but if you guys would like to borrow my diff bearing removal tool let me know.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd like to be there. I won't have an axle to rebuild, but I'm sure I will need to do it in the relatively near future so I would just like to observe and learn.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Haven't gotten a ton of interest in this but thought I'd put another reminder out there. With less than a week away, we will have at least 2 9" that will be built. If you plan to come by to observe or build your own, let me know. I plan to have breakfast burritos for the folks coming over at 9am.

If you plan to come by, shoot me a PM and I can send you my address. Hope to see some of you next weekend.

-Mike

Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry, I'm not going to make it. Too many Broncos, too little time.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If the unit of measure for success is 3 rebuilt ARB third members for the 9", than we failed today. But if it were 2, then chalk it up as a HUGE success. Big thanks to Digger for leading us beer drinking novices all day. TOOLMAN and I both got ours rebuilt and big thanks to RT9 (Rick) for coming over and lending a helping hand this morning. It was also good to see JRE74 for a little while this afternoon.

Nailed it on the 1st attempt. It didn't stop us from trying 5 more times, but we ultimately returned to the spacing we set on the first try.

and finished product...

Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys, learned a ton of stuff. Sorry to have to bug out early.

Appreciate your letting me hang out.

Let me know if you need a bearing heater if you do another.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Eck did a great job hosting again. I snapped a few photos of everyone working away.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here are the before and afters of Toolman's gear pattern. I was impressed we got the gears right back where they were. We should be experts at setting the backlash now bangtard

Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2