[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Explorer 5.0 + Ron Francis EFI Harness + US Shift Controller
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Explorer 5.0 + Ron Francis EFI Harness + US Shift Controller 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Explorer 5.0 + Ron Francis EFI Harness + US Shift Controller
Over the next few weeks I will have the following available for sale. Prefer to sell as a package.

5.0 is from a 1998 Explorer. I bought it used off of Craigslist and took the pan and lower manifold off and it looked so great I installed it as is. The guy I bought it from said it had 80k miles on it and I have put somewhere between 12 - 15k miles on it myself. It will be a complete motor including lower and upper intakes, fuel rail with pressure gauge and regulator, rebuilt injectors (<100 miles), new plugs (<100 miles), distributor, new TFI module (<100 miles). The heater tubes and sensors will also be included. The front dress will also be complete including the brackets. The starter, power steering pump, alternator, and water pump were all new when I put it together less than 15k miles ago. It will come with a steel blade clutch fan and the serp belt but I would replace it as it got pinched by the lifting strap when I pulled the motor. The only things I need to keep are the throttle body, block plate, flex plate bolts, the oil pressure extension tube, and block heater.

Now full disclosure: the reason it has so many new parts (<100 hours) on it is that I was trying to trouble shoot a problem that recently developed. It has this erratic flutter when the engine warms up. We thought it was fuel pressure, then ignition or computer. It wasn't throwing any codes and we have checked damn near everything possible without solving it. We suspect that it has a burnt or cracked valve. The plan is to pull the heads to see what we see and then determine what is wrong (if anything) and base the price on those findings.

The harness is a Ron Francis / RJM Technologies and will come with two computers, which are both known to run without issues. This harness really kicks ass and you will get more action than you could ever imagine.

The US Shift controller was connected to the 4R70W which came from a 2000 Explorer. The controller is programmed with Explorer OEM shift patterns. It comes with the manual and support software disc. It can be reprogrammed if you want different shift patterns, etc.

So, once I get time to take the heads off the motor, I will be ready to determine the price. I might not be able to do this until we get back from Bronco Celebration.

I can imagine that not everyone will need the controller so I could sell that separately if I can't find someone who wants the whole shebang.

Let me know if you have any questions.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Explorer 5.0 + Ron Francis EFI Harness + US Shift Contro

Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd be interested depending on what you find and what the total price will be. I'm looking to run an EFI 5.0/4r70w setup, sounds like this would be a great way to make that happen!

Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

UPDATE

when taking the harness out we ran across a wee problem.

I had the inertia switch mounted inside the glove box. In order to get it in there I had the wires bent in a pretty tight bend. Not sure if that is what caused the problem.

It is very possible that this overheated wiring was limiting electrical power to the fuel pump.

I will continue to look for other possibilities to the run issue but just thought I would let everyone see what I found so far.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Certainly some heat there!

Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That looks a lot like mine did when it melted down ( also glove box mounted ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ever figure why yours melted?

Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok, ready to part with this set up and still prefer to sell as a package.

Engine as described in first post with the following changes
- alternator and alternator bracket no longer included as they were used elsewhere
- now includes a 96 throttle body, an Explorer air intake tube, and MAF
- now includes flex plate, new flex plate bolts,

Motor for 500 as is. I think this price is more than fair given everything that is included, even if there is a problem with a valve (which I don't think there is). I am convinced that the run problem was the result of the compromised fuel pump wiring mentioned in previous post.

Ron Franciss harness with 1 computer 400 OBO

US Shift Transmission controller for 275 OBO

If I can sell the whole shooting match in the next two weeks I will take 1,050 cash.

If the package doesn't sell in two weeks I will look to split it up

Let me know

Thanks

Last edited by Rox Crusher on Thu May 19, 2016 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed May 18, 2016 7:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What power steering pump is on there and bracket?

Wed May 18, 2016 7:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed May 18, 2016 7:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Price on harness adjusted to reflect inclusion of one computer

Thu May 19, 2016 4:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll take it all :) I'll make some room in the garage this weekend and can come pick it up next week. Gotta go buy a hoist and a stand.

Thu May 19, 2016 7:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu May 19, 2016 7:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If I get that parts washer this weekend I'd be happy to bring them north.

Thu May 19, 2016 6:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri May 20, 2016 10:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

SOLD to the man with a plan

Let me know when you get ready to put it in

Fri May 27, 2016 2:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]