[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - bedside interior panels
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 bedside interior panels 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post bedside interior panels
im looking for the bedside interior panels, black is preferred but any color or type will work as i will most likely recover them

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: bedside interior panels
I think I am going mo make my out of MDF and cover them with vinyl. I think I can make a set for a lot less than the supply houses. I also like the idea of cutting out my own speakers, 12 Volt outlet, etc.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ya i thought about that too, but if i could get some factory panels i'd like to

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

zillacon, I've got some factory ones I'll pull down out of storage (sorry colorado75bronc, they aren't for sale) and bring them over on the 20th.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would like to trace them as well - that would save a ton of time. I will make them out of Posterboard and have them for the group to borrow.

Zilla - What material are you going to use? I was thinking MDF then covering with vinyl but MDF is not waterproof.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Anybody think of fiberglass.I've made them for some of my broncos.And its waterproof.Let me know what you think.Jay

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Jay, I think you might be onto something, I'd be in for a set of fiberglass panels, post up in the vendor section under the thread I started for you and see if there is an interest.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll build a pair and see what happens.If you have any input let me know. Thanks, Jay

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

tracing would be fine with me too, i'm also gonna check with don allison this saturday if i get the time

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I always thought storage would be cool to add, maybe along the top 1/3 of the panel to take advantage of the extra space along the top of the bed. Back in the day I found a pair of old zip open door panels for my 66 F-100, I should have kept them.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

that'd be great, why not see if jay could build some prototype glass panel's with storage pockets big enough for tow straps or whatever you want, kinda like some of the fullsize's have, and maybe cup holders for the people in the back

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a set, not in the best condition, but if your going to re cover these might be for you. Also I still hsve the exploder TB if you need it

Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This thread kinda died but I am now thinking about my Interior Panels again. Does anyone have the plans to make the interior panels? I am happy to swing by with poster board and make a template if someone has a set of panels. They would then be available for the club. Let me know and I can stop by sometime. Thanks.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Drew made his own out of aluminum sheets that I had lying around the shop. Took him about 2 hours one afternoon. Before he installed them, he used some ice and whater shield roofing underlayment in the inside of the aluminum nad on the insied of the steel. Let me tell you, it made a HUGE difference in road noise. So much so that Daniel did some similar sound proofing on his mustang before installing his interior. I was very impressed with the results on both vehicles.

A whole roll of ice and water shield at Home Depot sells for $75, to get the same coverage from danamat or hushmat would cost you about $400. And in terms of bang for the buck, you can not beat it.

I wil ltry to find some pic's of the panels as they are installed. Ahhh, yes, along with the 80's surface mount speakers........

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've got a set sitting here.get ahold of me and come take a look.JGZ

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Lots of great suggestions.

Hockey - how did you get the aluminum and how did you cut is so perfect? I have seen the pre-made rear panels in Diamond Plate and Brushed aluminum and both look great. Really turned out nice. The Ice Shield from Depot may be one of the best tips out there - Dynamat is so freakin' expensive so a less expensive alternative would be killa.

JGZ - those panels turned out amazing! Are they the Fiberglass ones you made?

I think I want to get like 1/4" MDF and cover with Vinyl. I think adding the Ice Shield would be on my list as well. My Mom can make the vinyl covers look really nice - thinking black vinyl with silver stitching then embroidering some stuff on the panels.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We use the aluminum sheets here for storefront window and frame trim, we have it broken into various shapes to acomidate steel structure that needs to be covered. Most of the stuff we use we need 8-10' lengths, and it is much thiner. those are close to 1/8" thick. they were the cut off's from sheets we had.

Drew made paterns out of cardboard and traced them onto the sheets. He then cut them out with a jig saw. Several trial fittings and minor adjustments and there they are. His are in 2 pcs per side with the seam behind those amazing speakers! fire fire

If you (or anyone else here) want me to pick up some similar aluminum sheets, let me know, I can get them at a very good price. I buy thousnads of dollars worth every month... I can even have them broken into shapes for you. When you are here for the bumper build I can show you more.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

These are the ones I made out of fiberglass and they fit awsome.
The problem with MDF is if it gets wet it starts to come apart.Its great for sound but moisture not so much.With the glass panels they can be modified with custom speakers, storage doors,cup holders whatever,also take paint very well
As far as wearther proofing membrane sound deadening material I have used a product called Bituthene,I think it's the industrial version of what you get at home depot and it works killa.I've got a couple of rolls if you want to check it out.Let me know.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]