[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 1968 Half Cab Bronco Project!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 1968 Half Cab Bronco Project! 

Post 1968 Half Cab Bronco Project!
Hi, everyone! I'm working on cobbling together a 1968 U14 and I'm missing a considerable amount of parts in the engine compartment and in the interior. The vehicle had an engine fire after a bad carburetor build. The fire melted most all of the wiring, and anything attached to the firewall. I'm located in Fort Collins and would be grateful for any donations I can also pay you in beer, cash, or physical labor :)! Below are a couple pictures of when I picked it up in Red Feather and after I installed a new valve cover and carburetor. More pictures to come during build!! Please call or text me at 440-212-4686, my name is Kai.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 1968 Half Cab Bronco Project!
You are more than welcome to come dig through my pile of parts and see what you can find. Or post up list of the critical items, a lot of folks have stashes they'd share from if asked.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There is a "tub-O-Wires" somewhere in the club that has all or parts of at least 3 complete harness' as well as a whole bunch of misc. connectors, switches and what-nots... You will have to reach out and ask who has it now and get together with them to go thru and gather what it is you need. I passed it on at the swap meet this spring.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've got a bunch of misc stuff that you can look through. Located in Bailey

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:45 pm

Awesome! Thanks, guys. I do have a running list of the items I need. I certainly don't expect for anyone to give any of the items below away. I'd be more than willing to pay as stated before, just name your price!

Front and Rear Bumpers
Pigtail for wire harness that goes to rear lights
Dana 44 axle
Disc brake conversion for front
Battery Hold Down
Window-washer tank
Radiator Overflow Tank
Clutch Pedal Rod - Floor Seal
Fiberglass Fender Flares
Master Cylinder Lines
Pre-bent Brake Line Kit
Rear Outer Flex Lines for Drum Brakes
Aux Tank
Vent Hose
Fill Hose
Fuel Tank Caps
Carburetor Linkage
Carburetor Air Intake and Filter
Return Spring for Carb
Electric Fan
Relay
Temp Sensor/Switch
Full Cab top
Seats
Floor shift assembly
floorboards

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Most of my engine parts are gonna be V8 so probably if no use to you. Good luck with the build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I tell you what.

I have a complete full cab top in mediocre condition and a bunch of other misc. parts and pieces to tops still there in Denver that I would gladly trade you for that half cab (I do not care about the condition - I am gong to be cutting and stretching it anyway). icon biggin

And before the rest of you yahoo-yokels chime in, I had the idea first.

Honestly - if you can not find a decent full hard top for under $300-$400 you are not looking hard enough.

Too bad you were not at the swap meet - I cleared out about 25% of the stuff on your list at no cost what-so-ever. Moving does that to you.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

https://boulder.craigslist.org/pts/d/fo ... 85637.html

$150 bucks!!!
https://denver.craigslist.org/pts/d/bro ... 20651.html
You're welcome

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

P.S.
Welcome to the club of course, these guys are the best, hands-down !!!

Do you have any plans for your bulk head and half cab top? I might be interested?
Maybe I'll buy that full cab top and we can trade LOL!!!!

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:24 pm

Haha thanks, mickphatmac. I'm sure that information must be worth at least a pint of beer ;)

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:41 am

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:45 am

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:46 am

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Pretty sure I have wiring pigtails here, washer res etc....I will look here shortly

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Some differences. 170/200 has a 3 bolt water pump, 250 has a 4 bolt. Easiest is that the starter on a 170/200 is above the oil pan and the 250 is below the oil pan. Also, 250 bell housing is SBF sized when mated to a inline. I’ve got a lot to learn on the inlines, but that should get you there.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

look at vintage inlines, they are Ford I6 people

Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think that is the same engine my Dad's '95 F-250 had. Talk about some low-end grunt!

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:53 am

Woof! Thanks, everyone. It's a confirmed I6 but it doesn't have the tag indicating the year it was made and what it came out of. I'm headed down to Speedway Auto Wrecking tomorrow to see if I can get my hands on some much-needed parts.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]