[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - TJ's 74 Bronco money pit
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 TJ's 74 Bronco money pit 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: TJ's 74 Bronco money pit
Wow, that’s a ton of work, looks great!

Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:25 am

Awesome work, that looks great! thumbs up

Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You are cranking that out! I hope you achieve your goal!

The Ammo can armrest - I have been considering that for a while. Do you have the lid hinged or just the original handles? With my new seats, I think I have enough room to do this.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice! thumbs up

Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I bought the hinges, I just haven't installed them yet, but it will be hinged

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I got my steering column today in the mail. Only took 2 months to get.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I do want to do a pad, Its just down on the priority list at the moment. I have been installing a ton of new parts and I just haven't gotten to it yet. I think I am going to use memory foam.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

and I have already whacked my elbow on it.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Will that memory foam help you remember not to whack your elbow on it?

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I hope so. Lol

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Its Alive! (3 years after smoking my engine) The motor fired right up and when in high idle runs like a top. Once it gets warm the RPMs go between 600 and 750 and I throw a code. I think my junkyard mass airflow sensor is bad. I still have a ways to go before she will be ready to drive. Thanks to Kirk, Phil and Gary for all the advise and phone support. I would be in bad shape without the great people in this club. Ill post a video once I figure out how to do it.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thumbs up

Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Woohoo!

Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:44 pm

Awesome!! thumbs up

Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dual Batteries!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Are you going to run a fancy controller / isolator or a manual switch?

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I want one of those fancy controllers, but the batteries and cables tapped me this month. It's not going to be fully operational until next month. Only the passenger side is hooked up for now.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There are a lot of dual battery threads on Expedition Portal, I’ve sub’d to a few in hopes of hooking up a dual system with a house battery & solar on the camper in BSD.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:22 am

Just my opinion on dual batteries. Just hook em up in parallel. No need for a switch. Isn't the point of having dual batteries to have the capacity all at once? My bronco has had dual batteries since the early 80's and never had a switch in there. When running the winch you want as much of those batteries as possible.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes, but with the controller you get the best of all worlds. It keeps them separate when off and can charge them individually. When you want both you just press a button.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well it runs, but I am having an idle problem. It does fine in high idle (1100-1150 RPM) then it drops to (800-825). When it finally warms up it drops to 625ish and then surges between 450 and 700 before dying out. I am going to change my idle air control valve tomorrow. I cleaned my mass air flow sensor, but that could be the issue. I don't think I have a vacuum leak as I sprayed around the motor with carb cleaner and had no change in idle.

On a side note I put in a 94 explorer radiator with a 3.8 Taurus fan. After running/driving for about 45 min I have been unable to get the temp above 180 and I have yet to turn the fan on high or use my aux pusher. It was only 50 that day, but I am happy so far.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am not sure I understand the question. I have 2 throttle bodies and they both look the same when closed or open. If your talking about the blade under the sensor I have no idea.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had to call in the big gun today. Gary came over and hooked up. He adjusted my throttle position sensor and turned up my RPM's to about 850. I started messing with the sensor and made it worse, so a note to everyone else who has idling problems. DON'T TOUCH THE THROTTLE BODY ADJUSTMENT SCREW. (Without Gary) Nothing I tried would have made a difference. Gary you are the man. Runs like a champ!

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

As it turns out, with my cam and heads I just needed more idle speed.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I haven't posted for a while, so here are some pics of my progress. I have been driving and running it for about 1000 miles with only a few hiccups.

Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Love the dash switches and power points! I would like to do that to mine someday!

Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Love the “POLICE INTERCEPTOR” badge, put some red & blue on that thing and roll down the streets of Denver.

Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next