[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 3.5" leaf springs - edited 3/1/11
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 3.5" leaf springs - edited 3/1/11 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 3.5" leaf springs - edited 3/1/11
I broke a bunch of stuff on my bronco last trip out. It's all repaired now with the exception of my drivers side leaf pack. It's got a nice S-curve in it and causes my bronco to really lean!

Just a shot in the dark to see if anyone has an 11-leaf spring pack or a set they are willing to part with. I have a bushing kit so I don't care what the condition of the bushings are.

Thanks!

J.D.

Last edited by Jesus_man on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 3.5" 11-leaf National springs
OK, I am becoming less picky as this bent spring makes cornering on the street a bit of a bobble head experience.

So anyone have a spring pack or even a pair of 3.5" springs for sale? Ideally would like something that flexes well, but hate to spend a bunch as someday I want to move the axle back by getting longer springs. Just not ready for that now.

Hmm, I also have a set of BC broncos spring rockers that add 2" of lift, so if I got those back from my friend, I could get by with 1.5" lift springs.

J.D.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 3.5" leaf springs - edited 3/1/11
i have a set of 2.5 lift springs flex decent. pm if interested

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Noted. Thanks! I'll let this play out a while longer and see what else pops up.

J.D.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Isn't there a spring mount that twists, wrists, or something that helps with articulation and adds an 1"? I will keep looking to see what the heck I am thinking. West Coast Broncos or something sold. Cannot believe I forgot who carried it. That may help for Brianut too.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Spring Rockers?
http://www.bcbroncos.com/suspensionrear.html
they add 2".

Or orbit eyes:
http://www.alcanspring.com/orbit-eye.htm

J.D.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I knew I should skip posting - telling you guys about a suspension part is like me telling a Doctor how to operate! The BC Bronco part is exactly what I was thinking about.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

LOL, it's all good.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Has anyone tried the spring rockers? I've thought about a set when I replace my rear springs.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had them on my '74 and I liked them. I used to have a comparison picture of me flexing that rig on a rock in nearly identical situations and I was getting a couple more inches of flex out of the rear. that was also with out-board shocks and add-a-leaf suspension. You could get more with better springs and inboard shocks.

J.D.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

NO longer in the market.

I broke down and bought a new set:
http://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/product/ ... k-new-pair

I hated to do it, but I think this is the best option for me. They appear to be exactly what I had before and was happy with. Hope to install saturday morning while moving the axle back 1"!

Thu May 19, 2011 3:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]